or Connect

Posts by tkell31

18 billion of the 60 billion buyback plan left, 20 billion in domestic cash left (and if you need to ask how I know don't bother responding, it's in the financials), only raised 17 billion of the 50 billion in debt they were going to take on.  I can only assume in March/April they will announce another 17-33 billion in debt, an expansion of the buyback program by another 50 billion, and that they will take on up to another 50 billion in debt.  Rates are still low so might...
 One has nothing to do with the other.  Paying dividends didn't stop growth, lack of new products stopped the growth.  Seriously, is it that hard to understand?
Next quarter revenue is projected to be flat to a slight decline, but I guess that is good news too?  So no growth is okay so long as it beats the industry.  Got it. How did you like the Emperor's new clothes? It's been over 3 years since the iPad, but feel free to pretend I'm claiming they need a new product every year.
No evidence other than the net revenue for the last 15-18 months and gross revenue that down to single digit growth.  So yeah, other than revenue not growing there is no proof revenue growth is over.
Ironic, you attack someone then claim all they do is attack people.  Last time I checked you attacked me to start this back and forth. Net revenue is no longer increasing and hasn't for 15-18 months (year over year), gross revenue is down to single digits when it grows.  There hasn't been a new product released in over 3 years, 27 months of which was under Cook.  He, incorrectly, defended their decision to have one color and one size screen.  He word smithed his...
ROFL, oh brother, just read the transcript.  Net revenue was this same this quarter as the same quarter last year. It's effectively treading water when EPS is flat and revenue is growing at snail's pace. Do you even know how to read a financial report?  I suggest you look up the numbers since Cook took over.  It's not a pretty picture for a "growth" company. That isn't to say Apple is a bad investment.  It's not.  It's just not going to grow much unless they come up with a...
Given Cook's track record I think he needs to do more than speculate to get the stock to move. That isn't to say the stock won't recover in the coming days because it should run up as the ex date approaches.  I would be surprised if it doesn't recover half the drop by the end of the week.
Yeah, I think the way to go is make it the lowest priced model, not the mid-price.  Whether it is cheap or not the plastic casing has to make it seem cheap.  The increased margins seem like they would be worth pursuing at a different price point so when the 4S is retired the 5C might get more appealing…or it might not, but seems miscast as the mid-level entry.
What does one have to do with the other?  Cook sucks as a CEO which is the pertinent point.  He didn't even have the vision to make a bigger phone and offer color options until it was all but forced on him.   And where are the new products he's alluded to for the last two years?  Hey, good for him, he's financially successful, but as a CEO he stinks.
 Cook has done as little as he possibly could with the company he took over.