or Connect

Posts by sog35

having a round display on a smartphone is as stupid as having a round dialing pad on a smart phone (imitating a rotary phone)                     I mean seriously.  Just because our brains are trained to see watches with a round face does not mean it always has to be that way.   Having a round face on a smartwatch serves no purpose except it reminds us of the past.  
 Making the 1st tier phone 32GB would not be 'a small hit' to margin. it would be a MASSIVE HIT.   A 16GB phone is still very useful for many people.  And seriously the cost of additional iCloud is dirt cheap. Again it comes down to YOU NEED TO PAY TO PLAY.  Apple isn't some POS China company or Google that makes profits on ads and spying on you.  Neither are they a POS phone company that pays $$ for an OS and does zero to maintain an entire OS and ecosystem.  All this...
 Thats why I said AT LEAST 10,000,000.    My point is a ton of people bought 16GB phones.  It is NOT just to upsell the 64GB phone.  There is real demand for the 16GB and its an awesome deal if you don't need to much memory.
 No.  The 16GB is designed for people who only need 16GB or only can afford $650. Apple studies buyer behavior, demand, price elasticity, ect.   The bottom line Apple concluded that starting the iPhone at 32GB was not a good decision.   To conclude that the 16GB phone only exists to upsale other phones is ridiculous.  Will some people decide that the 64GB is the better value?  Of course.  It all depends on your needs and usages.  Now if Apple sold a 8GB iPhone6 then you...
 And I want a Dragon as a pet. I mean WTF guy!  If it was so easy for Apple to find another product line that produces $100,000,000,000 in revenue and $30,000,000,000 in profit they would do it. That's like telling Exxon I wish they were not so depended on Gas and find another business so they can sell gas for 99 cents.
  For the last time: The 16GB model has the LOWEST MARGIN.  Apple is making the least profit selling those 16GB phones. In other words whoever buys the 16GB is acutally getting an AWESOME deal.   The guys who buy the 64/128GB models are actually subsidzing the 16GB buyers.  AND THATS A FACT.
 Your hopeless.  Just find me A SINGLE ANAYLYSIS THAT SAYS THE LOW MEMORY IPHONES HAVE BETTER MARGINS.  JUST FIND ME ONE!!!! You don't think these analysis have a very good estimate on how much NAND cost Apple?  Of course they do.  They have contacts are they themself cover these memory chip companies. And why are you comparing an SD card to the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF UNITS Apple buys.   But go ahead and live in your dream world where Apple buys 132GB of Memory for $200.  
 No one makes profits besides Apple and Samdung. And Samdung is selling you cheap POS plastic phones. Its not high margin.  Those 'high margins' is what allows Apple to provide the best ecosystem, keep the best talent, update the OS, great customer service, ect.  All those other brands that sell cheap phones don't pay a CENT to maintain the OS, AppStore, ect. AGain HTC, Windows, Xiamoi, Acer, WTF China, Sony brand are ALL LOSING MONEY.  Not charging a good margin is not a...
again for all the peeps clamoring for a 32GB model at $650.  It ain't going to happen.  The 16GB model at $650 is already a deal.     Lets be totally 'fair' to the consumer.  Let's charge the same gross margin for all the iPhone models.  Lets say Memory cost 50 cents a GB and Gross Margin is 50%.   This would be your new iPhone prices:   32 GB - $750 64 GB - $780 128 GB - $840   Is that what you want?     The bottom line is the 64/128 GB high margin on memory...
 Show me a single analysis or industry insider who thinks the low memory models have higher margins.  You won't fine any. Literally 100% of the analysis state the high memory models have higher margins.  Its called up-sell for a reason.  Its literally the only thing Analysis can agree on.  High memory models = higher margins. Analysis calculates iPhone memory to have 93%...