or Connect

Posts by sog35

Did I say the Gear S2 was fiddly?  No.  I just said the dial would take 2 fingers.  I know this because of the videos and I owned many watches with dials on it. My only point about the S2 is the crown would be easier to use with 1 finger than the dial.  Pretty obvious.
 Just as I suspected.  The text looks incredibily small and hard to read.  Notice how the arch areas on the right and left of the screen are not even used.  And the bottom of the screen only has the CNN logo.  Right there proves my point why the round interface is horrible.  Really only about 50% of the screen is even usable.  In contrast a rectangle screen can use close to 100% of the screen for text. This obsession by some to want a round watch just because traditional...
 The Verge is horrible.  I mean really.   Their whole business plan is to cater to Apple haters
 have you ever even used an actual AppleWatch?  The crown is very easy to use.  It may LOOK fiddly to some but it isn't. The crown is MUCH easier to use with a single finger, while Samsung's dial you need to use at least 2 fingers.
Pretty good deal IMO. For myself I would just get the Base + 2 sports tiers for $55. Much better than what I get from time Warner.But the real trick is what do they charge for HD-DVR? If they charge $20 a month for each DVR then I'm back to over $100 for TV.That's why the AppleTV is so powerful. If you can use the AppleTV as a DVR it will be very hard for the competition to beat Apple on pricing.It seems to me that someone like you who has a diverse set of channels you...
 Ok.  But what about DirectTVtheres a thing called a DVR to solve you 'problem'simply record the show and watch it any time you want.unless you think AMC will release a whole month of shows on the 1st of the month. Which of course they will not since they want to build up drama and ratings as the weeks go by. Also dont forget live content like talk shows and sports. Networks pay more for sports content than the revenue they generate from Sports alone because it...
But thats my point. In five years the rectangle smart watch will look much better than today.You will be waiting for a very long time to have a round smartwatch that is as space efficent as a rectangle watch.Since the beginning of WRITING the rectangle interface has been the standard for text. We are talking THOUSANDS of years.Clay Tablets. Scrolls. Books. Computers. TVs. Laptops. Tablets. Smart phones.If it was possible to have text in a format BETTER than rectangle...
The problem is you are comparing a technology that does not exist today - bezeless smartwatch screen to today tech.It may take 3 years or more for that type of tech to be feasable in a consumer smartwatch.I'll be honest. If the AppleWatch looks like how it does TODAY in 3 years I will be very disappointed. I expect that in 3 years the bezel will be much smaller.I can't believe how you can't see how ridiculous it is to compare today's technology to technology that we wont...
Hilarious that they don't show any text messages or other text oriented material on the Samsung.  From looking at it the round screen looks like a nightmare to read text on.
 You are comparing Apples to Oranges. Either show a picture of watches with Bezels or without.   Comparing a rectangle watch with a Bezel to a fictional round watch without bezel is ridiculous. Here is a picture of the watches BOTH with Bezels This is a much more fair comparison.  Notice that both the round watch and rectangle watch have bezel. Notice how much bigger the round watch looks.