or Connect

Posts by iBill

I haven't got sales numbers for Zune, but I did check the best selling mp3 players at Amazon.com. There is only one Zune in the top 25, coming in at #16. Apple iPods have 16 of the top 25, including the top 4, 4 of the top 5, 8 of the top 10, and 14 of the top 20. Amazon isn't the only retailer of course, but consider also that a high percentage of iPods are sold directly via Apple (where there are obviously no Zunes sold) and you have a compelling argument that Zune is...
What I've not seen much of in this debate is the DRM implication for Apple and OSX relative to the DRM requirements for the playback of HD content (regardless of which specific format wins. Now that Blu-ray seems closing in on the nomination, how will Apple implement this technology? edit: almost forgot to mention, aren't their rather heavy handed DRM methods used in Vista pertaining to HD playback?
What a coincidence, Cramer also puts the "too" in tool..
Sorry to change the subject, but I had some thoughts on recently announced Apple production cuts. I would personally place a great deal more weight on the news and predictions from this analysis if it was from Piper Jaffrey. They have been following Apple for a long time and Gene Munster has a pretty good track record of solid research and reasonably accurate interpretation of research data. With the recent release of a new notebook sku, the MBA, which by appearances...
No executive left behind.
If you're referring to the fact that last year's WWDC was in August, I would point out that it usually happens in June, if my memory serves me correctly. I think the August WWDC was an anomaly. You could be right, but I'm hoping that WWDC in June is just seeing that event returned to it's "regular" time, and not because that's when Leopard is to be released. I could nevertheless see WWDC as being for Leopard, but if that's the case, I sure hope Apple's got something else...
If this is correct, then valuation of AAPL will lilely be trashed by the time June rolls around. Apple needs Leopard and updated Macs B4 June imo.
Yeah, lets argue about weather or not Leopard will be released before the end of Spring.
Btw, the following website is what the BBC has to say about the change of seasons. Doesn't seem to support any of the alternate "theories" being floated on this forum. http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/s...escience.shtml
I have it on good authority that one of the new features in Leopard will be a widget that tells people when their frickin' seasons start and end..