or Connect

Posts by ascii

I installed it yesterday. The new Edge browser is noticeably faster than IE. The Mission Control thing works quite well. It's nice to not have ads in the Weather app any more like Windows 8 did. The Windows app store and music and video stores are all integrated in to a single app now just called the Store, same as iTunes on the Mac has them all together.   The worse thing about it is that the tablet-face and the desktop-face are both there side-by-side, for example...
Apple's computers are great and all, my favourite brand, but I don't really understand the appeal of wanting to visit their HQ.
That's probably what it's about, partially. If they can increase storage speeds enough that CPU speed once again becomes the bottleneck in the system, people will start buying CPUs again.
Well done Intel and Micron. If these claims are borne out in real, shipping devices it will do to current SSDs what they did to HDs (i.e. leave them in the dust).
Ok thanks. I don't know why it's so slow then, it must be, as you say simply poor implementation. Maybe their modExp is slow (as used in the DH-like session key exchange).
Are you sure? I thought HomeKit did a fresh SRP handshake for each transaction, in order to achieve perfect forward secrecy.
I think the analyst's predictions get priced in to the stock, that's why it goes down if reality doesn't meet expectations. It's not because it's all a game.
 I agree with this list. As Siri gets smarter, it will be like everyone has a PA, not just executives, and the Watch will be the interface to that. And I'm sure it will get more sensors over time too. The Watch won't primarily be a communication device like a phone is, not all mobile devices have to be communication-centric. It will be something that monitors you through sensors and assists you through a digital assistant, as well as the identity function you mentioned.
I don't think the problem will be the BTLE data rate. The problem will be the calculations in the key exchange. SRP (the protocol they are using) has a Diffie Hellman like handshake which means the puny computer in your "smart garage door opener" is expected to raise numbers (in this case the number 5) to 256-bit powers, mod a 3072-bit value. That would make even a fast desktop computer pause for a second or two, and makes these little devices pause for tens of...
Saying 66% are very satisfied, and 31% are somewhat satisified is not "parsing the data," it *is* the data. I think they should just present it as is. It's pretty good. If they want to say 97% are satisfied they should go out and ask the binary question "Are you satisfied Y/N?"  Because I'm not sure that everyone who choose "somewhat satisfied" when given 4 options would choose "satisified" if only given 2 options. Because "somewhat satisfied" gives you the option of...