or Connect

Posts by ascii

Shipped doesn't mean sold or even preordered, right? I think he is just saying that by the end of March Apple had manufactured 631k Watches. And shipped them off to a warehouse somewhere to wait for release day.
 I don't think he's somehow lost his logistics/organisational abilities. I think maybe he's pushing the boundaries of technology more than has been done in the past, and that is giving the manufacturing partners difficulties. As for the Apple Watch being a solution in search of a problem, I think the reason people are confused about what it's for is that it doesn't run a web browser and the web browser is the killer app of today.
He's not saying people won't like it though, he's just saying Apple will be production constrained. And production line people seem to be where he gets his info from, so maybe he knows something WS doesn't in this case.
I agree with Jony's comment that too many things are not made with enough care. You really notice that a lot when you work as a software developer, people think no one sees the code, only the user interface, so you often find a real mess behind the scenes.
Exactly. Apple didn't need to buy Beats to kick all their butts. It just needed to offer a unified subscription, first of it's kind.
Yes, it could be a subscription to the whole of iTunes. Sort of an all you can eat Netflix type thing but covering songs, tv and movies.
NanoWatchKit? I wonder if the something-nano was what they called it during development.
I think they will release a 15" Macbook at the same time as updating the Macbook Pro 15", just like they did with the two 13". And the 15" Macbook will have two USB-C ports
I read the article, I don't see how the Watch continues the theme of giving everyone access to computers and thereby expanding human consciousness. In fact it seems like their entire design focus (Short Look, Glance, Lynch says: "You’re in the moment; just send it.") was on quick interations.  Well, "in the moment," is the opposite of deep conceptual thought. Understanding requires that you see a pattern, and that requires time to pass, so that multiple examples can happen...
I never said my comment was about price or about catering to the 1%. I have always understood the "computer for the rest of us" comment as referring to the innovation of the GUI, which made computers much more accessible than the old command line interface. Steve Jobs said the computer is like "a bicycle for the mind" and therefore the opportunity to make computers more accessible was huge - it's like giving everyone a bicycle for their mind, which ultimately could expand...