or Connect

Posts by ascii

Yes. The current Macbook Pro SSDs already do 700MB/sec, two of them in a striped RAID would be quite compelling for pros.
I would like to see increased internal storage. The blade SSDs they use in the Macbook Pro are so small and thin, they should be able to lay two of them on their side and fit them in without making the design thicker. Then you could have 2x2TB = 4TB internal storage which would be a very pro feature.
The idea that a company could be so old that Queen Victoria and Audrey Hepburn went to the same taylor is very cool!   You notice the companies that last hundreds of years are never the ones that serve the low end of the market? Probably because those companies go out of business when the low end of the market reduce their spending during a recession. The oldest companies are always the ones that focus on quality damn the cost. Rich people have money to spend regardless...
The right argues that hospitals would work better if they were more like a business that treats you as a customer. The left argues that hospitals would work better arranged like a government department. They're both missing the point in my opinion: medicine is primarily a scientific problem, not an organizational one. We need to focus on curing the limited number of diseases out there, and then medicine will be so cheap it won't matter how it's organized.    In my...
Sounds like quite a good batch of upgrades for an "S" model.
 I think a lot of the investigation has already happened. According to newspaper articles here in Australia they embedded tax officers in these companies and watched what they were doing, and based on that they are now instituting these changes.  And the ATO has a history of retroactively applying tax law changes to people who were using a loophole to follow the letter of the law but not the spirit. So if Apple is found to be recording Australia profits against their...
I guess I could have missed a second table, but the display case certainly was not being frequented.
 The thing is that purely local (non multinational) companies can't do fancy tax arrangements like funneling everything through their branch in Ireland or Singapore. So you end up putting local companies at a disadvantage against multinationals.  Yes, you want to let multinationals in to your economy, because some of them have great products, but you don't want to put your own companies at a disadvantage relative to them. That's just asking to have your local economy...
It was in Australia not the UK.  I think the problem is they need to let people play with them more. They're trying to sell it like a traditional watch, under a display case which the sales assistant takes it out of for you. That works great for traditional watches, because you already know what it does, you just need a few moments to feel the weight of it, and gauge the quality in your hand. But the Apple Watch doesn't have just one feature which everyone already knows,...
A federated search where it hits Wikipedia, iTunes and other databases is not a new idea, it's just Sherlock 2 all over again. Sherlock 2 never took off and was eventually removed from Mac OS.