or Connect

Posts by ascii

They used to make great children's TV in those days. I remember growing up, they made proper adventure and sci fi shows for kids that didn't talk down to the younger audience. These days with the Internet, there is so much information everywhere, all the time, I'm not sure state broadcasters are really required any more. 
The health and safety exam clip was pretty shocking, just telling them the answers. I wonder if Apple could install cameras at the factory and have people back in California monitoring them 24/7 for violations.
They did add new features over time but I don't think that's why they were successful. The success comes from being the easiest to use, and that was present from the first revision. That is why I bought one anyway. The user interfaces on some other smart phones at the time felt like trying to program a DVD player.  That is what I wonder about with the Apple Watch. They are not entering an existing smartwatch market where all the existing products have crappy UI. The...
If it had nothing much more than the others, why would it suddenly take off and dominate the market, effectively ending such big names as Nokia and Blackberry? People don't switch from the established brands they're used to if a new entrant is only a little bit better, it has to be a lot better.
A lot of newer TVs have Internet connections. I'm surprised the TVs themselves aren't beaming back show viewing stats.
Those early smartphones were phones with a few computer features bolted on. The iPhone was a computer (as witnessed by it's full desktop browser) with a phone bolted on. i.e. basically a little comptuer with a radio plugged in to one USB port and a microphone on another, with OS X (um, sorry, iPhoneOS - same thing) drivers for them both. That is the turning point. It will be the same difference between the Apple Watch and a TAG Heuer watch I bet.
It can't be long now until AIDS is cured. I actually expect in my lifetime to see all major diseases cured.   Parties on both sides of the political divide argue over how to arrange the health system, whether it should it be more free market or more government controlled. But ultimately the solution to disease is not organizational but scientific. 
There are some websites where the back button doesn't work. I think the web developers do some HTML trickery such that if you click back it immediately hits a redirect page that sends you forward again. But such tricks probably work on all browsers, unless other browsers have put specific workarounds in.
Me too, I thought the rule was that they only supported the current release and the previous one. But since they increased the frequency of releases to annually, maybe they modified the policy to the current release and the two previous ones.
32-bit is rapidly becoming the new 16-bit.