or Connect

Posts by ascii

I thought Boys Don't Cry was a good (though shocking) movie. I saw Philadelphia years ago but can't really remember it. Haven't seen any of the others shown.
They are not disabling it completely. They are just making it that any URLs you intend to try at runtime have to be declared in your app's main config file (Info.plist). So apps that are using canOpenURL as intended, to hand off documents to a few other related apps, will still be able to do so. But apps that have a massive list of thousands of URL schemes in their app, and are just trying them all to see what you have installed, well to keep doing that they will also have...
Well, reading her job description above, it sounds more like a cabinet portfolio than a corporate vice president to me.
Climate change, education, social initiatives and policy - is Apple a technology company or a political party?
In some jurisdictions if you sue someone and lose you automatically have to pay their legal costs.
Oh, you are right. I guess not all Japanese style is minimalistic.
Look at the difference between Hello Kitty and Lucky Cat above. It seems almost impossible to design a product that both the Chinese and Japanese would like.   I guess the solution is to make something that's physically just a blank slate and then change the software.
Do we know what Apple's formula is for streaming payouts?
Taking it one step further, it they are in the hole $21 for each customer at the end of the 3 month trial, and Apple only get $3 of the $10 monthly subscription for themselves, then each customer will have to be a paying customer for 7 months after their trial before Apple even breaks even on them.
I think it's the right thing to do, I'm glad they changed direction. I predicted on this board yesterday that they would.   If it's $10/mo and 70% of that goes to the artist, and Apple are now subsidising 3 months free for everyone, does that mean every new signup will now cost them $21?