or Connect

Posts by ascii

It could save iTunes from streaming services if more artists do what she did.
That's not correct. You can run the internal 5K display and one (but not two) external 4K@60Hz display at the same time. If you want to run 2 external displays they have to be 2560x1600 max (I think this is because the two Thunderbolt 2 ports in the iMac 5K are on a single controller).https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht6008 Also you are getting your DisplayPort versions mixed up in earlier posts.Thunderbolt 1 has DisplayPort 1.1a = only standard resolutions. Thunderbolt 2...
Apple does offer a 3TB Fusion drive as a build to order option. Currently I have a Macbook Pro Retina with external dual Thunderbolt drive enclosure but ideally would like to get the 3TB iMac and just put the Thunderbolt enclosure away in the cupboard and have everything internal. But the iMac hard drive is in the centre of the case, right in front the user's face, so it's really important (to me) that they choose drives that do not make a lot of grinding head noise (some...
I would really like 3TB of internal storage but only if it's not noisy.
Is the hard drive noise noticeable? I don't know whether to upgrade to pure SSD just for quietness reasons.
Are you saying they do R&D at their corporate offices in London?
Lots of nerds in Britain. I'm surprised Apple didn't already have a research facility there.
I'd be more worried about the fact that Alexa is also the name of Amazon's web analytics subsidiary. Is that some kind of inside joke on their part? Not only are you giving their analytics engine all your queries, you're doing it by name :)
Yes, that's one other application of robots. But I doubt Amazon would sell something like that, probably some more seedy company.
Any field where there is a managable-sized enumerable number of queries and a fixed vocab, Siri should be able to handle. There must be < 100 games that are popular at any one time and a few 10s of levels on each. Music is a bit harder because people listen to old music much more than they play old games, but still, it should be doable.