or Connect

Posts by ascii

3 guys to install one poster? Must be union workers.
Maybe it can get better though (the display), we haven't seen these new phosphors Apple are rumoured to have. The Apple invitations always have a double meaning. In this one, people have been taking "Siri, give us a hint" as meaning they should ask Siri, which is one meaning. But another way you could read it, is the GUI of Siri gives us a hint. The GUI of Siri, which is pictured in the invitation, is all those coloured waveforms. Which could refer to a new colour...
With the rumours about an iMac with special new phosphor monitor, might the new Apple TV have one model that is a full TV?
Retina displays are awesome. Even Windows 10 is pretty good connected to one. The only mystery is why the 21" iMac took so long. They must have been waiting for the new phosphors that give more realistic colour.
I don't know if it's going to be awesome or not, will have to wait and see for that. But I do agree that the most obvious explanation for the price increase it's that the next Apple TV is going to be a game console not just a set top box. Watch out Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, a fourth player is coming.
Good point, I often get more lost in books than computer games. But I still think toys are noticeably better these days!
Oh dear. I'm usually pretty good about saving, but I think there might be some exceptions in my future when these new Star Wars toys start becoming available. They can make action figures a lot more realistically now than when I was a kid.
Thanks to Apple insisting on web standards with Safari/iOS, and refusing to support Flash and Java, the web is a lot more standardized than it used to be. In terms of how pages render, it doesn't really matter any more what browser you use.   I just use whatever's bundled with the OS: Safari on my Mac, Firefox on Ubuntu, Edge on Windows. That way you're sure to get security updates.
I don't think cross vendor search will *necessarily* be a big deal, it depends on how people use their Apple TV. If they use it like YouTube where you sit down and watch lots of little 3 minute videos, browsing and searching, then it could be a big deal. But if it's like traditional TV where you have your 5 favorite shows, and you watch the same shows every week, then you'll only use search once during device setup, and it won't really matter if it's awesome or just...
Is the data associated with individuals, or is it aggregated/anonymized? I guess it would depend on the experiment. I think the company Theranos has some good ideas. Their basic premise is that medical breakthroughs are not needed to cure a lot of things, just earlier detection. But people don't get tested frequently enough because you need to go to a mean nasty hospital and have several viles of blood taken. So they have reengineered many common blood tests so they can...