or Connect

Posts by ascii

Do you really think it would be successful in the US? It's basically a $343 lottery ticket, and I don't think many people would want to spend that much on a lottery ticket. Luck is a much bigger thing in Asian cultures.
It was the ability to get tech support on your computer that helped get the Apple Stores started. I wonder how much of a computer section these stores had and how much of it was mobile.
Which was the bigger waste of money, Rockstar or Beats?
It would be good if all films were released online at the same time as theatres.
I would guess compressing the video signal to fit over a USB bus would be the main technical challenge. That's probably where the CPU load is coming from.
Yes, rental movies automatically delete after 48 hours, so they already have the technology to auto-delete things after a certain timeframe. Apple could make it one more option for developers, "1 hour free trial, 2 hours, 1 day etc."
They almost need separate categories for apps you try for free, and then pay once (in app) for the full game, vs "freemium" games where you are constantly making little payments for virtual currency etc, and that kids rack up big bills on.
So every year when they update the iPhone they will have 3 sizes that they update? And same for the iPad. Should be doable as long as they share a lot of internal components.
Google actually finds a lot of security fixes for OS X if you read the security update release notes. And not just the generic unixy ones but OS X specific ones too, which is great.
Yes, the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS update also popped up today.