or Connect

Posts by ascii

The article mentions a 1957 Fiat Multipla 600, but the 1968 model from that company was called the 1968 Fiat Abarth 595. 1968 = "SixtyEight" and 595 = "sg5" ? http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1968/211175/fiat_abarth_595.html
They definitely should have included a USB-C to USB-A adaptor in the box. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just quietly added after the first month or so of sales, with no fanfare.
Do you have to look though? The Watch site says that it will tap you on the wrist for notifications (it must have some kind of vibrating thing inside). It doesn't say whether you can set different vibrations for different senders though (e.g. 2 taps for your wife, 1 for your friend).
I was thrilled to see Starships on the Mac App Store so quickly. A definite buy for me.
It's an upgrade in all design aspects (materials, size, weight, keyboard, trackpad) and a downgrade in all tech aspects (ports, cpu, gpu). Tim Cook knows he's not a product guy, so post-Steve he gave that responsibility to Jony Ive. But Ive is not a product guy either, he's a designer, he geeks out over different kinds of metals/materials and different design shapes. This total subjugation of tech to design is the end result. We will see how the market responds, i.e. have...
There doesn't seem to be any USB-C to Thunderbolt adaptor (maybe it's not technically possible) so maybe so.
I work in tech and there aren't many women, but I don't think it's because of discrimination. Most of the guys I work with are nice nerdy guys and whenever the rare women comes around she is made to feel welcome.    I think it's because engineers in general have a low social status (unlike say, doctors or movie stars) and women are more sensitive to their social status than men. It's not some kind of biological preference against engineering. Yes, little boys and girls...
It would have been less confusing if, instead of calling them Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch, and Apple Watch Edition, they'd just called them Apple Watch Aluminum, Apple Watch Steel, and Apple Watch Gold. Those extra names just add more cognitive elements to the mix without adding any additional information.
Actually there's an 11", a 12" and 3 different 13" models (Macbook Air 13", Macbook Pro 13" and Macbook Pro Retina 13"). I personally think 15" is the sweet spot for laptops. Looking forward to the Macbook Pro 15" getting some of the features announced today, but hopefully not the Atom processor.
When you buy it on the Apple Store online, it's just like buying an iOS device. You choose your color and storage and that's it.