or Connect

Posts by ascii

I mean, if the Gear wasn't successful, why would something largely similar be successful? You have to try something new at this point.
This is what Tim Cook should have announced:   "Today I would like to announce a special Deal with Beats. In 2003, Apple started the iTunes Music Store to create a legitimate online music market to counter piracy and help us sell more iPods. Today, the online music business is thriving with many quality companies and many quality products, all of which have App Store access. Apple's mission in this space is therefore accomplished.   "So today I will be announcing the...
But Beats was already in the ecosystem before the acquisition (through their app). I guess it depends what your ultimate corporate goals are. Do you want to spread certain products, with a certain design, or do you just want to get bigger and bigger even if it's selling other people's stuff. I believe Elon Musk has said he will sell Tesla once electric cars reach a certain critical mass, which is an example of the first kind of philosophy, as against the beats acquisition...
The goal of Apple should be to bring their *own* products and values in to the world. It follows that since the music on the iTunes Store is not written by them, increasing/maintaining sales of it should not be a corporate goal.   The original purpose of iTunes was to help sell more iPods (to sell a digital music player you needed a decent digital music store and there was none). But what about these days? Will adding a subscription service to iTunes help sell more...
Maybe the reason music sales are falling is because music sounds too mass produced these days, nothing to do with subscription vs buy vs radio vs ...
If it's a "nope," will there be any new hardware at this WWDC? And if not, there must be some pretty big software announcements...
Sounds good but I hope there's something in there for us computer nerds, and not just a new pair of headphones and a ladies' wristwatch.
People don't mind having the same phone as others, but often die of embarrassment if another person is wearing exactly the same clothes. A watch is on the boundary of these two categories, so is it embarrassing or ok to have the same watch?
It would be good if the Internet Accounts preference pane in OS X would warn you if you're using the same password for multiple services.
Skating to where the puck is going, will the home be the centre of things or the individual? We used to have our phones tied to our homes, but now they're in our pocket. Is the future perhaps more along the lines of a personal area network, and devices get an IP address in your PAN when you walk near them, rather than you as a node in a home LAN?