or Connect

Posts by ascii

I don't think they should have sold it and then tried to find her to give her half the money. It was clearly a mistake giving it away, so they should have just put it aside and tried to contact her and give it back whole.
When computers can perceive the world as a set of objects, as we do, instead of a grid of pixels, they will be able to help us with a lot more things. It feels like one of those fundamental technologies that leads to many applications.
I agree. If iOS 9 turns out to be significantly faster than iOS 8, even on older devices, they could do even better than the 82% coverage of iOS 8. Better performance = better coverage, also it's just a pleasure to use devices that are snappy at everything. Linux, for example. The hardware support is behind and there's hardly any apps, so I wouldn't use it for my main OS, but when you do use it you can tell it's mostly written in C. You can have a lot of stuff open, and go...
Jony Ive is a designer and is about quality as an end in itself: beauty and quality and overengineering. Just look at his products as proof of this. Steve Jobs used to say the inside has to look as good as the outside, even if no-one will ever see it, and that his (adopted) Dad taught him that. In other words Steve was from the same (perfectionist) school of thought as Jony. Tim Cook is about speed, his whole business philosophy is that you win by moving faster than the...
Target Display Mode was a major feature for me in the past. It allowed me to have an iMac as my main computer, and a gaming PC under my desk, plugged in to the back of the iMac, and just press Command-F2 if I ever wanted to game.
Very generous!
I agree about the discovery problems with hidden UI controls. To quote from a novel I'm reading at the moment: "Tell me about it! The user interface is so easy to use, I can't do anything!"
 If only Steve Jobs could have seen this.
Having an AI virtual assistant on your wrist at all times would be a game changer for the company that gets it 100%. Apple, Microsoft and Google are all charging ahead.
Yes, companies need a feedback loop with their customers to stay healthy. There are some on this board who shout down any criticism, mistakenly thinking they are helping Apple.