or Connect

Posts by ascii

Yes. It's one thing to use your size to drive a hard bargain with an electronics supplier in the Far East, but quite another to try the same thing with American pop singers. Unlike the electronics supplier, the pop singers are popular in their own right and can take your tough contract to the court of public opinion. So let's see what happens next. Lately, when Apple has started to get bad publicity about this issue or that, they have changed course more often than not.
 What if the digital crown slid out about 1cm and there was a camera on the side of it, and you push it back in to end the call? Since the camera is hidden inside in normal usage, it doesn't effect the aesthetic and also might address the Glass-like privacy concern.
I think she might hate, hate, hate, hate, hate streaming.
They should at least have got back to the researchers, one way or the other.
I hope to buy some kind of VR headset in the next year. Whether it's Oculus, Valve or Microsoft, it seems like a technology that was a long time coming, but is finally arriving for real.   In the above video, imagine being in the rafters of Victoria Station with a VR headset!
It's a good point. If you're going to consume somebody's service, you should probably consume it on their terms. I think the way ad-click sites could survive is by making an app, and it the app don't give the user any blocking tool. Or, if they want to stay on the web, well currently most sites send the article and then the ads gradually fill up the rest of the screen. Maybe the ads themselves could fetch the article, only once they're downloaded and running? But there...
Yes, it probably would attract antitrust attention. And Google could immediately retaliate by making YouTube, Gmail etc. not work on Safari, so I don't think it would actually happen.
That's an excellent point about 75% of Google's mobile revenue coming from iOS. If Apple were to ship a Google Ads content blocker by default they could deal Google a serious blow overnight. Though it would probably quickly become a cat and mouse game in terms of getting around the blocker. Regarding the app/web distinction: there were a couple of things at WWDC which make apps more like the web. One was universal linking, which allows apps to link to other apps like...
 It's really your personality that determines what kind of job you're good at, more than your gender. People who are good at engineering, computer science and mathematics tend to have logical minds, the ability to deal with abstract ideas, and the willingness to concentrate on a single intellectual problem for days or weeks on end.  This is quite a rare kind of personality, and yet software is replacing a lot of industries (e.g. Mail is now an app instead of a physical...
That vault door is quite impressive.