or Connect

Posts by ascii

Well I hope you enjoy your ill-gotten gains.
I don't think the argument from the right is that the free market would do a better job. The argument is that having a fast Internet connection is nice, but it's not as important as upholding indvidual rights. In this case the private property rights of the people who own the cables.
I don't think the Moon will ever be properly colonized. It is analagous to the Arctic or Antarctica. There are massively overcrowded cities on Earth and free land in those places but nobody goes there because you can't support yourself on a slab of ice. And you also can't on a barren rock. The Moon will not be empty, it will have scientific and military outposts, but it will not attract colonists.   Mars is a different story. As I understand it there is a lot of water...
The fact that it will take 2 of the 3 busses to feed the monitor isn't even the greatest concern in my humble opinion. We still don't know whether OS X will support this monitor *at all*. I would wait for confirmation of that before buying. How will PCs feed this monitor anyway? Do you need two separate graphics cards?
The shipping time in the online Apple Store has slipped from 7-10 business days to 2-3 weeks. Must be popular.
It could save iTunes from streaming services if more artists do what she did.
That's not correct. You can run the internal 5K display and one (but not two) external 4K@60Hz display at the same time. If you want to run 2 external displays they have to be 2560x1600 max (I think this is because the two Thunderbolt 2 ports in the iMac 5K are on a single controller).https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht6008 Also you are getting your DisplayPort versions mixed up in earlier posts.Thunderbolt 1 has DisplayPort 1.1a = only standard resolutions. Thunderbolt 2...
Apple does offer a 3TB Fusion drive as a build to order option. Currently I have a Macbook Pro Retina with external dual Thunderbolt drive enclosure but ideally would like to get the 3TB iMac and just put the Thunderbolt enclosure away in the cupboard and have everything internal. But the iMac hard drive is in the centre of the case, right in front the user's face, so it's really important (to me) that they choose drives that do not make a lot of grinding head noise (some...
I would really like 3TB of internal storage but only if it's not noisy.
Is the hard drive noise noticeable? I don't know whether to upgrade to pure SSD just for quietness reasons.