or Connect

Posts by ascii

I guess I could have missed a second table, but the display case certainly was not being frequented.
 The thing is that purely local (non multinational) companies can't do fancy tax arrangements like funneling everything through their branch in Ireland or Singapore. So you end up putting local companies at a disadvantage against multinationals.  Yes, you want to let multinationals in to your economy, because some of them have great products, but you don't want to put your own companies at a disadvantage relative to them. That's just asking to have your local economy...
It was in Australia not the UK.  I think the problem is they need to let people play with them more. They're trying to sell it like a traditional watch, under a display case which the sales assistant takes it out of for you. That works great for traditional watches, because you already know what it does, you just need a few moments to feel the weight of it, and gauge the quality in your hand. But the Apple Watch doesn't have just one feature which everyone already knows,...
A federated search where it hits Wikipedia, iTunes and other databases is not a new idea, it's just Sherlock 2 all over again. Sherlock 2 never took off and was eventually removed from Mac OS.
I was in the Apple Store this afternoon and it was super crowded as usual. Lots of people just using the iPads and computers to browse the web. There was a Mac training session going on in one corner. The new 12" Retina Macbook Pro was very popular, they had a space grey and gold one on show on the side of the table I was looking at, over the other side some guy was picking it up to admire the thinness while being careful not to set off any alarms.   The main front...
It's a bit of a false distinction between consumers and producers anyway, because you can only consume something by buying it and you can only get the money to buy it by producing something for someone else (with the exception of buying something on credit, but you eventially have to pay that back, so it doesn't change the principle it just time-shifts it). Really we're all producers and consumers.
If they just made Model S's and sold them, they would be profitable. The loss is only because they are investing so much in future products and expanding manufacturing capacity. Running a loss is actually the smart thing to do at this point in the life of the company.
You really need a visionary type person like a Steve Jobs or Elon Musk or Thomas Edison to even know how to spend that much money.
Musk has said his goal with Tesla is to accelerate the advent of electric transport. He wouldn't be against selling it provided there was some guarantee that that would still happen. i.e. that the patents would stay open and that the 3rd generation mass market car would be produced.
Wasn't the start of the fight delayed because there were so many PPV requests it was overloading the system? So it seems like they probably did ok.