or Connect

Posts by ascii

I wonder if Apple Legal sent them a takedown request (it's not out yet after all).
Sorry, for some reason I thought Core M was a rebranding of an Atom processor. I must have been getting mixed up with the upcoming Cherry Trail rebranding, where they are changing the Atom naming scheme to be more like Core.
Well the new Macbook uses an Atom and it's arguably a PC, so maybe such a reorganisation does make sense.
Crickets chirping?
Haha, I like the humourous approach. The Magsafe re-enactment at the 7 minute mark was funny. And the sarcasm about joining all the adaptors together is probably justified, though in reality someone would use a hub.    It's interesting about the power supply supporting dual voltage output, I haven't heard any other sites mention that. It does point to USB-C in other future Apple devices.
30" iMac?
Ha! That little Opera browser is hilarious. I can't believe they actually programmed that. I think you're right that smartwatches are a phone accessory - for now. But in the medium term I still think they will replace the phone outright. I don't see an inability to do web browsing as a barrier, since all the popular sites will make apps. Gaming? Well I think in 5 years cars will be autonomous and people will game in their car as it drives them around. Also in-home gaming...
I expect the reception to be only lukewarm. But regardless, as the article says, it was the right move for the long term, because in the long term wearables will take over from pocket phones.
The Swiss are a rich and hi-tech people, it's not a market you want to miss out on.
Ok, well, neither of us made that claim then.