or Connect

Posts by ascii

Universal apps?
Ah, so that's why Google's services are so much faster than everyone else's, the use of custom hardware. Now I want to research it to learn more. Well I hope Apple is successful in this too.
Oh, you would prefer to see female engineers on stage not just businesswomen. Would an artist satisfy you? Maybe the designer of the San Francisco font was a woman and she will announce it's adoption across all 3 OS'es. We just have no way of knowing.
The keynote is never pure developer stuff though is it, even at WWDC? The State of the Union address which happens right after the keynote is pure developer. Oh well, we will know in 5 hours I guess. 
Lisa Jackson might come on to talk about buying all that forest in China.
Why do you even need the videos? All you really need is the language spec and API docs.
In BASIC "let" let you declare a variable and initialize it, but in Swift, "let" is only used for declaring constants. That is, if you use let you can never change the value of that symbol again. But it's a nice homage to the older languages.
Back when Macs had low res screens, some people complained that their use of paper fonts instead of screen-optimized fonts resulted in blurrier text than Windows. Then along came the HiDPI displays and it didn't matter any more. And so *now* we get a screen-optimized font, lol.
 I think you're right. Unfortunately to unseat an incumbant, a new product has to be a lot better, it can't just be a little bit better or people won't be bothered to learn it. And Apple Pay is a lot better than the swipe and sign credit cards in the US but not a lot better than the contactless chip and pin cards in Europe. 
 Thanks for the explanation. Wow, that's a lot of lag, something is probably wrong there actually, even allowing for international participants. I would do a traceroute and if my traffic is taking an illogical path complain to my ISP about it.