or Connect

Posts by ascii

:-) They should buy Microsoft though. I no longer believe the fact that it's the 30th Mac logo is important. It's all about retina. They wanted to show something zoomed in, and we wouldn't know it was zoomed in unless we'd seen it before. "It's been way too long" refers both to how long it's been that Macs haven't been Retina, and a non-Retina pixel being too long. Or maybe the 30th is important, because that specifies how long they've been non-Retina.
Hmmm... he thinks he knows better than than the combined evaluations of all other market participants, which together balance out to put the price at $100. Well he has been quite successful I guess...
If they are delaying a larger iPad due to Retina HD screens being hard to make, and wanting them all for iPhone 6 Pluses, wouldn't they also delay the Retina iMac? Or is it different tech - the Mac is just Retina not Retina HD.
Maybe it is a close-up of the Apple 30th logo to refer to Retina. And "too long" refers to the existing pixels (many pixels aren't square but rectangular, so the word "long" does make sense).
It's funny to think they can't hire enough people in China, with their massive population. I wonder if it's possible to design future iPhones and iPads to be less labour intensive to make? Or else open factories in India, another 1bn+ country.
That's a good point, surely we would have seen at least one case leak by now. I don't think iOS uses a swap file. It does have virtual memory but when memory gets low, instead of swapping it out to disk, it compresses it in memory (as in zip).
As others have said, surely this indicates a bigger model? As the graphics performance on the 6 Plus showed, Retina HD does not come for free, so they would not do it on the current size, for a very marginal improvement in sharpness.   They made the new iPhones bigger to create room at the bottom for the Apple Watch. But now the phones and tablets are too close, so they have to push the iPads out by a proportional amount.
It's been way too long since they had a computer just called the Apple Mac. That's why the logo is from the Apple 30th invitation. They are going to drop the "i" from the new iMac and replace it with an Apple sign.
That's an excellent point, the cognitive load probably comes from people trying to think back about what queries have worked/not worked in the past. I wonder if they measured someone talking to someone else who doesn't speak their language would get similar readings, or to a child with limited vocal, or a pet.
What are voice interfaces good for? Slower than a keyboard for text entry, too distracting for the car. Not really precise enough for controlling a computer game. I guess they are good for asking Internet queries such as "What is the temperature outside?"