or Connect

Posts by ascii

I expect the reception to be only lukewarm. But regardless, as the article says, it was the right move for the long term, because in the long term wearables will take over from pocket phones.
The Swiss are a rich and hi-tech people, it's not a market you want to miss out on.
Ok, well, neither of us made that claim then.
I didn't make that claim, it was anantksundaram who said he didn't recall any past videos. I just made the claim that past iDevices were intuitive enough not to need videos, without asserting anything about whether such videos existed or not.
They also help to explain just what the device is *for* I think, which is perhaps not yet widely understood.
This was how I bought my iPad mini retina. It wasn't launch day, but it was still the period where supply was so constrained you had to reserve a unit online before going in to the store to pick it up. It wasn't a great experience because they didn't have a dedicated sales assistant dealing with all the people coming in to pick up their reserved units. So it ended up a small group of us there milling around waiting for sales assistants to become available, who were of...
So you think the videos are unnecessary?
*shrug* I've used an iPad for years with no initial tutorial, my experience using desktop computers made me comfortable enough to jump right in. But the Apple Watch seems quite different, especially with the use of the crown, and definitely in need of a tutorial. I don't think it's BS that the Watch is less intuitive than previous iDevices.
They were so intuitive you didn't need a video.
It's quite a neat idea. It solves the problems of charging and data wiping which would be a real pain for the librarian to have to do. I wonder if it also cleans the screen.