or Connect

Posts by ascii

It appears Apple is not censoring the iBooks Store. Most of the top sellers are steamy novels.  
I think you could make the argument that most people don't need an i7, that maybe an i5 or i3 will do. But once you get down to the Core M, 1.2GHz(!), you're gonna notice the loss, even doing light stuff.
Intel has some awesome new NVM Express SSDs for the PC. The 750 Series gets 2400MB/s read and 1200MB/s write. Another change in 10.10.3 is massively improved support for 3rd party 4k monitors. If you look at Apple's 4K support page, they used to list a small set of supported monitors, but now they just say with OS X Yosemite v10.10.3 "most" 4K SST and MST monitors are supported. https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202856 Edit: also, something else I just noticed on the...
I think it's because historically computer games have been considered for children, so they have been more restricted than movies and books. But it's more acceptable for adults to game these days.
I think it's a German name. And it doesn't stop scalpers, it just replaces physical scalpers with online scalpers, who sell their preorders on ebay.
HP and Dell are want companies buy. I'd love to see the figures if they excluded corporate sales, I bet Apple would be over half of the home computer market.
All that's definitely happening tomorrow is preorders will go live on Apple's website at 5:01pm Sydney time. I don't if there will be ones in stores to look at or not.
I wonder if Apple Legal sent them a takedown request (it's not out yet after all).
Sorry, for some reason I thought Core M was a rebranding of an Atom processor. I must have been getting mixed up with the upcoming Cherry Trail rebranding, where they are changing the Atom naming scheme to be more like Core.
Well the new Macbook uses an Atom and it's arguably a PC, so maybe such a reorganisation does make sense.