or Connect

Posts by ascii

I have never had a Gmail account but a lot of people I know do and are very happy with it. I have an Apple account and a Microsoft account.   A bit off topic, but Apple and Microsoft aren't really enemies any more like they used to be... In the recent Charlie Rose interview he asked Tim Cook to name his competitors and they went through the list: Google, Amazon, etc. Microsoft wasn't even mentioned by either of them.  Not to mention: - Apple doesn't just allow you to...
If you compare the Yosemite calculator to the Mavericks calculator, it looks like it's been redesigned for a touch screen.
I noticed this too. If you tap on the "aA" button in the top right there is a new setting "Auto-Night Theme" which makes it use the dark view if you are reading in the wee small hours. But I'm not sure if it's using the clock to tell or the ambient light sensor. 
I don't think that's true, I think the primary factor is laziness/ease. Currently it's much easier to torrent an app than go to the store and buy a boxed copy. Or even to search the web, find a legitimate digital copy, figure out whatever god awful third party payment system they're using, maybe create an account on that site, then leave your chair to get your wallet with your credit card details, blah blah blah, what a hassle. But if your very OS has a built-in app store,...
I still miss Steve though. I can't help but wonder, if humanity had had the medical technology to cure his disease, what more wonderful stuff he would have come up with.
I don't think that remains to be seen. He is CEO of 2 companies at once, which must be a heck of a lot of work. Also he has achieved the things he has set out to so far, such as bringing a compelling electric vehicle to market and launching rockets. I think he has the drive.
Ouch! :)
Which is really sad and a problem that has to be solved. That is where I think the App Store can help long term. If operating systems refuse to run any program that did not come from the app store, then malware email attachments and such will not run even if people click on them. Then people can get back to using their computers to actually get things done instead of worry about security all the time. But it requires software vendors to get on board, and support the App...
DisplayPort 1.3 supports 5K monitors and was finalised a few weeks ago, presumably Apple has known about it for some time. So internally at least the iMac could have a 5K monitor in a standards compliant way. In terms of external machines using the iMac's monitor in target display mode, I don't know how that would be done. I don't think they'd put a straight DisplayPort on the iMac without it also being a Thunderbolt port, and I don't think Thunderbolt 3 is ready yet (is...
Elon Musk is the new Steve Jobs in my mind. Check out this GUI they developed to help design rocket engines. Like Steve, there are things that are possible with our current tech that just need someone to do them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNqs_S-zEBY