or Connect

Posts by ascii

Yes, that's one other application of robots. But I doubt Amazon would sell something like that, probably some more seedy company.
Any field where there is a managable-sized enumerable number of queries and a fixed vocab, Siri should be able to handle. There must be < 100 games that are popular at any one time and a few 10s of levels on each. Music is a bit harder because people listen to old music much more than they play old games, but still, it should be doable.
I also use Hey Siri on my iPad sometimes. That's how it should be, if you have to go over to the device and pick it up it defeats half the convenience of a voice query.  One type of query I wish Siri would understand is game hints. A lot of people play games these days. You should be able to ask "How do you defeat the boss in Borderlands?" and it tells you. Currently it just does a web search...
Yes. And if it is successful, the next logical step will be to give it a body so it can pick things up for you, instead of just answering questions. And shortly after that... they take over ;-)
Gah, I will be disappointed in they go that route. I have a dream of one day getting rid of my dedicated gaming PC and just doing everything on the Mac.
They aren't going to unseat the iPad. When there's an established product in a market, a new arrival has to be a *lot* better or people will just keep using what they're used to. I can see Microsoft trying for many years and getting close, but I can't see them ever get a *lot* better than the iPad. Apple is no slouch about updates.
 I am hoping Apple will support this one on the current Mac Pro:http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=UP275K3 It needs 2 DisplayPort 1.2 cables. They already explicitly support the Dell UP2414Q and UP3214Q 4K monitors http://support.apple.com/en-au/HT6008 So adding support for the UP2715K would not be a totally new thing. The only question is, this is dual MST (4 tiles over 2 ports). How hard is that to code? Is it part of the MST spec...
Photographs never do justice to jewellery items. You have to see them in person to really appreciate the craftsmanship.
I don't think the extreme res of the iMac will be a performance problem. The thing you want with games, is for it to look as realistic as possible. Think of a drawing of a stick figure on a computer screen. If you pump up the res, does it look any more realistic? No, it's still just a crap drawing, only sharper.   To make games more realistic you need to turn on all the effects: lighting, shadows, etc, not pump up the res. So the question of whether the Retina iMac will...
Wow, that's a brave prediction. Though I thought SolipsismY had a good point about jewellery norms, it's still Jony Ive doing the design and ever increasing thinness is one of his themes, a reflection of his minimalist aesthetic. I will be really surprised if the 2nd gen Apple Watch isn't thinner than the 1st gen.