or Connect

Posts by jackthemac

Having read the first few pages of Microsoft’s site, I can honestly say I would rather be sealed in vat of my own excrement than use Windows.   Would anyone exchange the seamless Apple experience for the horrors and confusion of Windows ? Have you noticed that what takes one paragraph (or one sentence) to explain in the MacBook column takes several paras on Surface Pro column ? Read "Why isn’t the menu bar at the top of my screen anymore?” section for a good example of...
"Hepatic feedback" ? Now that *would* be a first. Perhaps to alert you when you’ve had too much to drink ? Apart from this, nice one Dan.
Then perhaps your relatives need to talk to my relatives.And that really is me out of here.
After years of Israeli provocation and refusal to engage in any meaningful peace process, do you think it’s surprising that the people of Gaza, sick of the Israelis and the corruption of their own government, voted for extremists ? And what about the shooting dead of unarmed Turkish protesters on the peace convoy ? Israeli’s crimes are pretty much endless, but they get away with it with a slick propaganda campaign and the immediate labelling of ‘anti-semite’ to anyone who...
Please read some unbiased history (e.g. Jews for Justice for Palestinians http://jfjfp.com). The land I refer to is Palestinian land agreed by international accord. This has been systematically stolen by settlements which are completely illegal under international law. Most recently the Apartheid Barrier the Israelis built stole huge swathes of Palestinian land. Israel has ignored numerous UN resolutions on this subject. Israel is attempting to Bantustan Palestine, to...
Yes, the Israelis do all that and far, far worse. Mostly in the settlements they built illegally on land stolen from the Palestinians. They also shoot dead unarmed children for throwing stones and steal water supplies from the Palestinians, as well as making their life hell by forcing apartheid on them. See www www.palestinecampaign.org for more.
This man should be in the dock for war crimes, not being feted by Tim Cook et al.   Shame on you Apple, shame on you.
Slurpy write: All that ranting and raving, when you could have simply to used iWork09, as the new apps DO NOT REPLACE THE OLD ONES. I repeat: ALL IWORK 2009 APPS ARE STILL ON YOUR MAC. Etc etc I posted this same point but got the reasonable response: 'with Apple's R&D budget, is this the best they can come up with ?' It's meant to be a upgrade, and quite clearly it's not. With virtually unlimited money, and no time constraints, is this the best word processor the world's...
Why is everyone dumping on this guy ? His argument is that adding an S to the model number makes buyers PERCEIVE that no improvements have been made, not that the phones haven't improved. And I think he could well be correct: if the new model appears very similar to last year's, simply suffixing the name with an "S" is just going to reinforce the impression that it is a stopgap until the next round numbers model comes out, no matter what improvements have been made to the...