or Connect

Posts by jackthemac

No-one needs FB full stop
The only thing I would question in the piece is Wristly’s 97% satisfaction figure. '97% satisfaction' sounds like only a tiny, traitorous, oddball 3% were less than knocked out by their new Apple Watch. But the actual stats were:    66% Very satisfied/Delighted 31% Somewhat satisfied    Is combining the two percentages naughty ? I think so:  ‘Somewhat satisfied’ is certainly not the same as ‘Delighted’.   To give the same figures a different but equally valid twist...
Maybe if Apple stopped removing features from each successive version of Pages they might get somewhere. Pages 09 was a great simple WP/DTP programme: Pages 5.5.3 is so simplified it’s useless.   Perhaps Apple are trying to homogenise the iOS/OS X versions, but why at the expense of what’s good in the application ? I’ve been a Mac evangelist since 1984, and have never owned a Windows machine, but I’m getting fed up of being dicked about by some of the half-arsed...
But what happens if a meteorite hits your house while you’re shopping ? Or perhaps just a mini-meteorite that hits Mac and backup HDs ? Or if you have a large incontinent cat ?
Agreed !
I think you mean ‘There are three points I disagree with in this post’, don’t you ? I won’t ‘dissect' your post. If it’s OK with you I’ll just reply to it.  You’re probably writing from the US. In Europe there is zero chance that any driverless vehicle will be allowed over 30mph without a change in the law. Not in the next 20 years. It will require a major change in most country’s legislation even to allow these cars on roads, and neither public nor safety groups nor...
 I don’t disagree that driverless cars may happen in the distant future and in closely prescribed circumstances (in otherwise pedestrianised city centres, for example), and I agree that Apple are monitoring the technology. My point is that a car is such a leap from Apple’s core skills (unlike the Watch) that it is extremely unlikely to happen. My comments about shooting down Amazon drones weren’t meant to be taken too seriously, but because of the inherent safety problems...
 Driverless cars and drone mail delivery ? I think it’s clear you’re not an industry observer. Apple has no plans to create a driverless car: it’s way outside their core competencies. Just think about it: who wants to be shepherded around at 45mph ? These things would only work in cities, and that’s why god invented taxis. Think too of the legal indemnities: one accident and you have the mother of all law suites. Drone mail delivery is just a vapourware/publicity gimmick....
"Then there was whichever of the two CEOs wasting his time thinking about buying a sports team. On top of any other lessons, number one is keep your eye on the ball ALL THE TIME" If he was buying a football team he presumably *did* have his eye on the ball all the time - while he should have been minding the store at RIM. Sorry.
Isn’t that about 85% of us ?