or Connect

Posts by jackthemac

Isn’t that about 85% of us ?
I take my hat off to you KiltedGreen. And it’s not a tinfoil one.   Well put: I think you nailed that one.
 Why does Mr. Lyons bring up homophobia and anti-Semitism ? Is he inferring, from association, that DED has precipitated either homophobic or anti-Semitic comments ? There is absolutely no evidence of any such slander or even vague suggestion of such an intention in DED’s writing, so why is Lyons mentioning this in his rebuttal ? It sounds a lot like ‘boo-hoo, now everyone hates me’ - not, I hasten to add, that one’s sexual orientation or race/religion should ever be...
I’m with Tim on this one - 'middle managers' my ar*e. I’ll bet my BMW 530 is a lot more fun to drive than a Bentley Mulsanne, even if the Bentley is a staggering 0.5 seconds faster 0-62mph. How could anyone drive a car that sounds like an ointment, let alone the Universe's Greatest Designer (and I don’t mean god)?Honestly Jony, that Bentley is one fugly car: it looks like a Chrysler from the front and Beamer in the middle and an old Daimler at the back. ‘Integrity' is...
Before you part with your cash, try out the Audio Dynamic Pulse or Pulse XB. It has a warmer sound than the Bose, is beautifully made, has a longer battery life (14hr +), kevlar cones, a built-in mic for calls –  and costs £69/$79 (I’m assuming that the Mocreao is the US version).   ADX are a tiny company with none of Bose’s advertising/marketing budget, but the Pulse (either version) is a superb bit of kit.
The timber in my house date from the 1580s. This is quite common in my part of the UK.
This barn has been very unsympathetically restored within the last 10 years. Why save this characterless barn yet allow Jobs to destroy the much more architecturally interesting Spanish Colonial revival Jackling House on his property a few years ago ? Americans sanctify the pointless and destroy the magnificent. The old Penn Station was destroyed, as would Grand Central have been had it not been for Jackie Kennedy at al.
Having read the first few pages of Microsoft’s site, I can honestly say I would rather be sealed in vat of my own excrement than use Windows.   Would anyone exchange the seamless Apple experience for the horrors and confusion of Windows ? Have you noticed that what takes one paragraph (or one sentence) to explain in the MacBook column takes several paras on Surface Pro column ? Read "Why isn’t the menu bar at the top of my screen anymore?” section for a good example of...
"Hepatic feedback" ? Now that *would* be a first. Perhaps to alert you when you’ve had too much to drink ? Apart from this, nice one Dan.
Then perhaps your relatives need to talk to my relatives.And that really is me out of here.