or Connect

Posts by jackthemac

Agreed !
I think you mean ‘There are three points I disagree with in this post’, don’t you ? I won’t ‘dissect' your post. If it’s OK with you I’ll just reply to it.  You’re probably writing from the US. In Europe there is zero chance that any driverless vehicle will be allowed over 30mph without a change in the law. Not in the next 20 years. It will require a major change in most country’s legislation even to allow these cars on roads, and neither public nor safety groups nor...
 I don’t disagree that driverless cars may happen in the distant future and in closely prescribed circumstances (in otherwise pedestrianised city centres, for example), and I agree that Apple are monitoring the technology. My point is that a car is such a leap from Apple’s core skills (unlike the Watch) that it is extremely unlikely to happen. My comments about shooting down Amazon drones weren’t meant to be taken too seriously, but because of the inherent safety problems...
 Driverless cars and drone mail delivery ? I think it’s clear you’re not an industry observer. Apple has no plans to create a driverless car: it’s way outside their core competencies. Just think about it: who wants to be shepherded around at 45mph ? These things would only work in cities, and that’s why god invented taxis. Think too of the legal indemnities: one accident and you have the mother of all law suites. Drone mail delivery is just a vapourware/publicity gimmick....
"Then there was whichever of the two CEOs wasting his time thinking about buying a sports team. On top of any other lessons, number one is keep your eye on the ball ALL THE TIME" If he was buying a football team he presumably *did* have his eye on the ball all the time - while he should have been minding the store at RIM. Sorry.
Isn’t that about 85% of us ?
I take my hat off to you KiltedGreen. And it’s not a tinfoil one.   Well put: I think you nailed that one.
 Why does Mr. Lyons bring up homophobia and anti-Semitism ? Is he inferring, from association, that DED has precipitated either homophobic or anti-Semitic comments ? There is absolutely no evidence of any such slander or even vague suggestion of such an intention in DED’s writing, so why is Lyons mentioning this in his rebuttal ? It sounds a lot like ‘boo-hoo, now everyone hates me’ - not, I hasten to add, that one’s sexual orientation or race/religion should ever be...
I’m with Tim on this one - 'middle managers' my ar*e. I’ll bet my BMW 530 is a lot more fun to drive than a Bentley Mulsanne, even if the Bentley is a staggering 0.5 seconds faster 0-62mph. How could anyone drive a car that sounds like an ointment, let alone the Universe's Greatest Designer (and I don’t mean god)?Honestly Jony, that Bentley is one fugly car: it looks like a Chrysler from the front and Beamer in the middle and an old Daimler at the back. ‘Integrity' is...
Before you part with your cash, try out the Audio Dynamic Pulse or Pulse XB. It has a warmer sound than the Bose, is beautifully made, has a longer battery life (14hr +), kevlar cones, a built-in mic for calls –  and costs £69/$79 (I’m assuming that the Mocreao is the US version).   ADX are a tiny company with none of Bose’s advertising/marketing budget, but the Pulse (either version) is a superb bit of kit.