or Connect

Posts by heyjp

The news here is that with iPad2 there was a Verizon version and an AT&T version. The Verizon only worked in N America, while AT&T could work on 3G GSM networks in Europe and Australia (which are compatible with US AT&T 3G). With iPad3, even the Verizon version has At&T 3G hardware built-in. Which means all iPad3s will run on USA AT&T and Europe/Australia GSM Networks. Even Verizon. Good news for AT&T versions. GREAT news for Verizon customers. LTE only supported in...
As I understand it, the article is correct in that there are different LTE standards in Europe/Asia that are not compatible with N American standards. However, the 3G-GSM supported by AT&T in USA is the same as GSM in Europe, Australia, etc and that is supported by both the Verizon and AT&T versions. So you won't be able to run LTE, but you will be able to pick up a SIM in any AT&T compatible country and run off a short-term data plan while you are traveling. Spoken...
According to another blog, Verizon stated that they would support the hotspot feature in all levels of their data plans at no additional charge. Since AT&T is "working with Apple", you have to imagine that if they support it, they want it to ONLY be with their $50 plan. Greedy. Jim
I stood in line at Apple Store near Boulder Colorado for two hours. At 5:05 announced that they had no AT&T iPads left. Went home and ordered online: I got slated for April 1ship date with Apriln6 delivery. :-( Jim
I stood in line or a couple hours in Broomfield Colorado Apple Store, just south of Boulder. 180 in front of me. 150 behind me. At 5:05, they announced "no more ATT 3G units.". That was an unnecessary waste of time. They could have told people that at lunchtime. Our Walmarts had no units. Best Buy had 15 total. Target had five 16G WiFi only. Only one ATT store in the state had units: 5 of the smallest white ones. Net net: VERY little stock outside of Apple...
The Mag Connector with built-in Light Peak is brilliant. Apple has never been big on docking stations... With this combo they've obsoleted everyone else's. Remember, Light Peaknsupports multiple protocols on one wire. You could have a simple wall powerr plug that comes up to a small breakout box with pwr converter, 2 USB, 2 light peak, a FireWire and an hdmi connector.... And a single skinny wire that connects to your MacBook. Only one port on the Mac for...
Well, I'm going to hang on to my iPhone on AT&T and enjoy the increased bandwidth when everybody else jumps ship, overloads Verizon, and starts bellowing about poor Verizon performance for the next two years till they can come back. Then we start all over again! Jim
It's more like "what iPod was to MP3 players, iPad is to tablets". The difference being two fold: a ergonomically sound and desireable design coupled with the ecosystem.This author is restating what Jobs' originally figured out 9 years ago when they released iTunes, then a few months later, the iPod. It's not just a player, a complete solution.When you get an iDevice, you know exactly where to go to get music, videos, apps, etc. And all iDevices work together. When you...
Yeah, my first FedEx tracker on Monday said: Shipped 9/27, Arrive by 9/30 4:30pm. Then yesterday it arrived in Alaska and shifted to delivered by Oct 5 by 4:30pm. It's been in Alaska for a day now. JP
So how big is the space for the Hard Drive? Will it only hold the 9.5mm or will it squeek in a 12.5mm? The older 17" MBP could hold 12.5. Toshiba and WD now have 640G at 9.5mm. There are a couple of 750G and 1TB available in 12.5 now. WD just announced a 750G at 9.5mm for end of 2010. Amazing. They are JUST keeping up with my photo/music addiction. ;-) Jim