or Connect

Posts by MacRulez777

Magic seems to be what Apple, HP, Toshiba and all the other notebook manufacturers are relying on to keep their notebooks cool, because it certainly isn't a well-designed cooling system. The seller didn't design the cooling system nor did a former user cause the chips to begin to (magically) lift from the Logic Board - thus causing problems. Right? And yes, thank you for pointing out that other browsers will play Netflix, Youtube, et al. The thing is - my Win7 box has no...
  I can tell that you're never going to believe that Apple has any fault in this matter.      Yes, I do have complaints against the seller, but it's been about two years - so there's absolutely no way of making any kind of case with eBay - they wouldn't believe it after two years.      As I said before the issues have been on this UMBP since I bought it. That means the problems would have existed with the first Hard Drive that it came with (Leopard OS), not only the...
So, I guess there's really no help. Apple wins because I have to buy another Mac and can only sell this as-is. Great, thanks Apple. :-(
1) a third party via eBay 1.1) as you can see in the previous posts - yes, it came with a HDD and then I upgraded to a new clean Seagate Hybrid (with 4Gb's of Flash Ram inside it) 2) I'll try that, but that won't help Silverlight - which is what is required by Netflix to stream Netflix movies 3) Reader has features I need that Preview doesn't. But thanks for the info - I know Reader uses a lot more overhead (CPU, RAM, etc) but those additional features require that...
Plus, this issue isn't just the System Information App - it's a serious overheating issue and not being able to play online streaming video (Netflix, Youtube, etc.) !!
Hi Relic, Sorry, I thought that it was understood that I installed a bare new HDD and installed Snow Leopard on it....and still had all the same problems i now have two years later. So, reinstalling Mountain Lion shouldn't make any difference - right? ;-) I've had these problems since I bought it with Leopard, and I've upgraded each and every time Apple released a new OS, and I've kept it updated automatically! That should cover your suggestion.   Any other thoughts? I'm...
PROBLEMS WITH MY UNIBODY MACBOOK PRO  Hi, I have an: Early 2009 17 inch Unibody Macbook Pro (UMBP) (5,2) Intel Core2Duo 2.66GHz Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB graphics (kept on Performance mode – not power saver – because it usually sits on my desk plugged into AC wall-wart 85watt mag-safe power like an iMac), (Nvidia GeForce 9400M onboard too) I have an external 27” monitor connected and mirrored - with the internal screen off (brightness is all...