or Connect

Posts by redefiler

Exactly. It's all predicated on the theory that highly targeted advertising works better than traditional mass advertising. There's no good way to prove this, but my suspicion is that it's bs.I think people naturally learn to pick the berries and ignore the leaves, meaning that they pay very little attention to ads unless they like the product or are entertained by the ad itself. That's a sophisticated human process that varies greatly, targeted analytics can't really...
That's more than a heap disingenuous, there are huge differences in how Apple markets data to advertisers, and ads to its user base.From a base user perspective, Google ads are annoying and plastered anywhere they can squeeze them. Apple's are classy and low profile by comparison.And yes when an advertising company (remember ads are annoying) pretends to be a tech company, people into tech, tend to resent it.*Also, I'm just generally creeped out by that chinless Brin...
She told me:"What, you can't tell from my colorful wavey words?"
Yep, I'm familiar Keynes, his ideas and those who consider him a patron saint. He's not that deep, just a different methodology for trying to game the system, ultimately he's no different than any other "ends justify the means" types.And spare me the debate buzz word cheat codes tactics, you brought up both Keynes and growth during some weird Ayn Rand tangent and backed it with nothing more than a cheesy slight on objectivists. That's some lazy pol team fan behavior, and...
He should really be saying that he holds the ultimate privacy trump card, nobody wants to sync data with a Swatch, which makes them totally secure. Sounds like he doesn't lose any sleep over his company developing both useless and ugly products. If I was doing the interview, I would have asked: "Are there any Swatch models with a complication to indicate exactly how much time has literally passed your company by?" "You've seen Apple's iPhone, why didn't your company...
Yes but the world economy has grown despite Keynesian policies, which are and have been a tremendous anchor on said progress.Fact of the matter is Keynes panicked after the depression/war in the same way that Bush did after 9/11. His reasoning is identical to what brought us the TSA, thinking that only the government (rulers) thru unusual and intrusive means can protect us.Crediting Keynesian based economic policies with the growth of the 20th century, is like crediting...
Yeah but the way I said it, had way more style.
Hard to take your zombie apocalypse fantasies seriously. You forget the golden rule: people are lazy.This means that the rate of change and upheaval is limited by natural human inertia.It is this fact that always escapes doomsday theorists, all the way from Nostradomas to you.
I don't know what's more sad, the loving devotion to a spam advertising scheme, or the wonder over a cheesy bastardized IMAP service.
Interesting. How and why did you make this change before? I'm sure Apple will stomp on this bug sooner or later, but would be great if it's a viable method for helping protect older OS X based users.