or Connect

Posts by haikujim

Please mark this as sarcasm. Krugman is just another NYT party Apparatchik.  NYT? American version of Pravda, without the serious journalism. 
The Empire won't fall if you spend Thanksgiving with family, friends. Spending the day running up credit card debt is shear insanity... Wall Street is happy of course,,Washington DC is happy of course.... The whole process of pumping up peoples 'wants' is really disgusting in general, and using Thanksgiving is particularly so....It is a uniquely American, and Canadian holiday-giving thanks for our blessings.   If you can't contain your own 'wants' for 24 hours, its...
Thank you for your reply, seems like it time for her to get a new Mac. 
My friend has a 2008 MBP 17in, running Leopard. She is having random freezes, especially viewing,using PDF files. She ran Apple Hardware test, and the following came up-4YDC/1/4000003: Video Controller. I do know that she has never restored her system software, but does have all updates to leopard.  I suggested to wipe and install Snow leopard, but if the video card is going out, that won't work.  Any suggestions?