or Connect

Posts by visionary

I've used FCP since version 1. I have used it for a number of tv shows and I support production houses that do 100s of tv shows. So I know FCP inside and out. I know its strengths and its weaknesses. I also have used iMovie since version 1. Not as much since I usually use FCP, but I know both programs. I also have used Premiere too, going back to version 1. Haven't used the latest version though. I also have experience with Avid a little. Even before this, I...
What is it with the iMovie-like comments? I see people saying that all over the web. Do all these people who say negative things even use FCP? Have they even used the latest version of iMovie? I find the new look vastly improved over the old FCP UI. The timeline is superior, the metadata abilities great, the browsing so much better, the color correction better - what the heck is there to be negative about? I think it is time for people to shut up about just their...
I wish Apple would release the iWork apps for Windows and sell them for $3.99 a piece or something cheap like that. As long as it reads and writes MS Word file formats, most people would rather buy that then pay for another MS Office upgrade. Apple would make some more money and more importantly, MS would lose most all their Office revenue. That would be a huge hit for MS. Apple also needs to drop the price of their server software to like nothing. While Apple would...
When Apple introduced OS X Lion, I knew they were not going to show all their tricks they have up their sleeve, but I expected something of significance. What they showed did not move me. In fact, I thought it was rather lame. Why should OS X have anything in common with iOS? Without multitouch, it just didn't add up. I believe Apple when they say a big touch screen is not best for desktops. So why merge the two operating systems? But it just hit me recently. It...
Who is John Gault?
How about Apple buy out our government. It is in need of a hostile takeover by somebody who knows how to turn a business around.
I've used FCP for tv shows and love what it can do. But it also has always frustrated me by how hard it is to use in a few areas. It is not that I am dumb - I setup fiberchannel SANs for multiseat multicam HD production houses. When I first saw the new iMovie I immediately recognized that it had a number of improvements over FCP. What I want is to see a new FCP that is 64 bit native with the improvements of iMovie, particularly in media management. This would be...
If Apple dropped Aperture then what would happen if Adobe threatened to drop their apps for OS X? That damage would be catastrophic. Apple cannot afford to be held hostage by Adobe. Think Adobe would never do that? Maybe not, but what happens if Microsoft bought Adobe? Adobe might not have a choice. Or maybe Microsoft would not have Adobe embrace the new Apple OS Core libraries and drag the Adobe apps a few generations behind the PC versions. Heck, Adobe does...
Since it sure looks like Apple is going to release a tablet computer, does it not follow that companies will need some kind of authoring software to release publications on this device? Apple does not just offer products, they offer solutions. That is why they are successful. It is their ability to do both hardware, operating systems, applications, and content delivery that make them head and shoulders above the crowd. The iSlate should do movies, music, web,...
Yamaha Pro Audio announced they are working on new ideas including high speed interconnect for their future devices. Sure wish they would use something like this Light Peak for all their future cabling. Hopefully Apple and Intel are trying to get all manufactures they can on board. It sure would make life easier if all hardware connections were the same and it would then just be up to the software and drivers. Here's the link for the Yamaha white...