or Connect

Posts by visionary

I agree with Ireland, although I hope Apple keeps the setbox separate from the tv. When I saw the question how would Apple sell a tv, I had the same thing - huh? The answer to this question is so easy I don't see how somebody could even ask the question. If Apple brings out entertainment systems and cell phones, they should sell them in stores along side their computers. Wait - Apple already has stores. Think it is all chance? I think Jobs is way ahead of us on...
The PS3 and Xbox360 do nothing for simplifying the entertainment system setup. Apple should focus first on that. Whatever this hardware is should be capable of playing some fun games at least. Same for the iPod. So the iTV should have at least some games. I would guess that there is as big or even bigger demand for entertainment systems then there is for video game consoles. I would guess evey male over 40 is not as interested in gaming but interested in a system...
melgross, About latency. The only extra latency would be the iTV to Mac and back traffic. This depends a lot on one's network but I think this traffic could be streamlined and made fast enough. Apple has Xgrid so they know all about handling latency for other apps. If the end user doesn't notice this latency, then Apple has a psudeo-console solution for gaming.
If Apple can stream video from a Mac to the iTV, why not stream the video from a video game? Apple could then make a game controller that hooks to the iTV and it sends the game control signals back to the Mac. The Mac does the game processing and sends the video back. Instant Apple game console with no R&D. Apple already has games and with Boot Camp, it can even run Windows games. Everybody knows PCs make better games platforms. Upgrade the computer and you upgrade...
I agree with hmurchison. Game consoles are much more than just game platforms. They can play HD-DVD/Blue Ray/DVDs/CD, connect to the internet for music and video downloads, show photo slideshows. Sony and MS are direct threats and competitors to Apple. While Apple may have the lead in some areas, they are definitely behind when it comes to games. Also look at the price points. Apple computers can host games but they are way more expensive then game consoles. Apple...
Populist is right. What I can't figure out is why so many people on these forums don't get it. Forget the graphics questions and the cost issues. Think about what you need out of a device in the livingroom. 1. Watch live TV (w/ tuner and cable input) 2. Record TV shows for time shift (TiVo) 3. Download video from net (tv shows, movies, trailers, podcasts, etc.) 4. Watch movies (DVD, HD-DVD, Blue Ray) 5. Watch home videos 6. Play video games (like Xbox 360,...
Remember the rumours about the Apple Asteroid audio interface, even that Apple was working with Apogee Digital to create it? Remember how Apple went after some of the rumour sites to shut down the leaks? Well, it looks like those rumors were true. Just released at the NAMM show are Apogee's new digital interfaces developed in partnership with Apple. There are two audio interfaces, the Ensemble and the Symphony. Apogee also introduced new software called Maestro...