or Connect

Posts by visionary

I know this thread is under applications but I think it should probably best be under the OS folder. We have Core Audio, Core Image, Core Video -- why not Core Pages, Core Numbers, Core Presentation? How many word processors, spreadsheet programs, and presentation programs do we need? After the last twenty years, these tools are pretty mature and static. We have all these CPU cores, RAM, huge hard drives - why are the apps thinking the same as they did 20 years...
I find this topic very interesting and am surprised that more people don't bring it up. I have a theory that Apple is quietly working to fulfill the vision of Open Doc. In the past, Open Doc was a bridge too far. Today, I think it could be done. In fact, I think it needs to be done. Maybe not exactly like it was envisioned in the past, but something similar. We need to move from an app-centric paradigm to a doc-centric paradigm. Think about it. Core Audio, Core...
If Apple has all the source code for Windows, then wouldn't it have the ability to probe the source code for flaws? They could then create viruses to hack away at MS. Or just give a bunch of hackers the source code and they would gladly do the dirty work. Apple doesn't even have to reveal it was them behind the leak. Maybe that is why Windows is such a security nightmare. Apple would also have the ability to refine Windows to run more efficiently and faster. Thus,...
Ireland has gone missing. It is because we hit the nail on the head? What is he to say? Good intel not only works on existing pieces of data but on missing pieces of data. Since Ireland has gone missing, I think we are onto something... A company with hardware and OS but no apps goes no where. But Apple has plenty of apps so actually they don't need hardware. Still, they will keep it though for breaking in cutting edge technology. I think Apple should license...
I have heard both options. Some think Phenomenon is the new Shake, some think the new Final Cut. The fact is that Final Cut Studio is made up of about 5 apps. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Shake replacement app part of the Studio package. We probably will never see an app called Phenomenon. It will probably be called something else so we will never really know what was what.
We all know Snow Leopard is suppose to arrive sometime in the first half of '09. There are rumors it will even be earlier. I suspect it will be shown at Macworld and ship before April. Here is why. I suspect Apple needs Snow Leopard for its new pro apps it will announce just before NAB. The upcoming version of Final Cut that has been in the works for the last two years has been know as Phenomenon. Back in '06 it was originally expected to hit in '08, then got...
charel, I also once heard of a man who fell out of a window twenty stories high. As he passed the tenth floor he was heard saying, "well so far so good." I hope your country does do well. However, the things you mention have only been legal for a short while. Give it a few generations and then see how things go. I think there will be ramifications in the future. My country (US) has made a number of mistakes and the ramifications are starting to catch up with...
I am astounded to hear people think that religion is the the main cause of the world's ills. Easy to think that when one doesn't know the details of religion. I guess they also think all black people look the same and are the same. Just cause some lunatic claims to be Christian doesn't mean he actually is one. Jesus said love your enemy. So anybody who does evil in the name of Christianity is proving they are not a Christian. So quit using this flawed...
Many churches do kick people out for a lifestyle of sin. For thousands of years homosexuality has been defined as a sin. So when somebody gets kicked out of a church for homosexuality, can they sue the church for discrimination? This is going to cause LOTS of problems. Also, so many people accept sexual orientation as a thing that is genetic. As far as I know, this has not been proven at all. If somebody has good proof of this then let us know. Otherwise quit...
Lots of replies already and lots of emotion. Obviously this topic strikes a nerve. I would think a company of Apple's size would do best to shy away from this controversy. Not good for business at all. That being said, I am amazed how many people do not understand why we have marriage in the first place. While there are minor reasons, the main reason, the big elephant in the room, is children. Marriage is important because a man and woman can make babies. Since they...