or Connect

Posts by visionary

Lots of replies already and lots of emotion. Obviously this topic strikes a nerve. I would think a company of Apple's size would do best to shy away from this controversy. Not good for business at all. That being said, I am amazed how many people do not understand why we have marriage in the first place. While there are minor reasons, the main reason, the big elephant in the room, is children. Marriage is important because a man and woman can make babies. Since they...
This purchase needs more analysis because it opens the door for many things. For one, Apple could use it for tv broadcasts for news and live events like sports. AppleTV does not handle this type of programming well and this could be part of the answer for people to ditch their cable and satellite tv and go just with AppleTV. What if Apple TV already included an antenna for picking up these broadcasts? The rest of the spectrum could be used for video telephone...
I like this idea, but I also think Apple ought to do a proper living room entertainment system too. Why just keep it to the car?
I've been working with iWeb and it really is a great program. It can go way beyond the simple templates that are included. I know people have been talking about maybe Apple doing a pro version of iWeb but after really using iWeb, I don't think it is needed. I think with some slight modifications iWeb would be good enough for most websites. Apple could even stretch it beyond the current status quo of web dev tools. Some of the small changes are these: the ability to...
I understand people not being excited about the AppleTV as it is now, but everybody seems to be interested in it if it morphs into something different. There is the smaller/cheaper route but there is also the bigger route. That is what I am interested in. If Apple goes the bigger route, then the new AppleTV could be very much like a Mac mini or like an iMac. This system would actually be a mac running OS X, just in a different form - just like the iPhone. For...
How can this thread have almost 300 views and so little comments? Did people not see the Goofy video? Do they see all these clues as just chance or do they see a conspiracy? I would expect more opinion on a rumor site like this. Gee, everybody is always debating how many Apple employees can dance on the head of a pin...
I started this thread on the AppleTV forum. However, it should also go in this forum. Definite Temporary Insanity. Enjoy. http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=82963
Just read Walt Disney was a Mason Also, wasn't page 47 blank? That is because Apple will write that page. Come on folks, this is getting fun.
I just saw national Treasure tonight and enjoyed it. A couple hours of entertainment about guys piecing together clues. However, the biggest clue for me was the short Disney film that proceeded it. It was about Goofy setting up a home theatre system. Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody else see it as a big clue? Now let me put this film in context. Steve Jobs is Disney's largest shareholder. Disney owns Pixar. Apple is about to update AppleTV which...
I think Apple should do this and it would be huge. I can't believe some of you guys who do not get this. This market is ripe for some seriously good product. I know because I have been looking. I would buy a half dozen. I would get one for my parents so they can see slideshows of the grandkids, and the grandparents would each get one. I'd use a few myself. Why Apple? Because they make iPhoto and they make digital lifestyle devices like the iPhone and the iPod. The...