or Connect

Posts by visionary

Just saying Cell is a terrible thing doesn't give us a lot to go on. While that might be the correct conclusion, there is very little reason to support that conclusion. So completing the hardware was long and programming games is tough. I would expect all that with a big switch in paradigms. The question is that all a thing of the past and are future generations of hardware and games going to go smoothly and quickly or not? I don't know, but I wouldn't be too...
People might not think Sony and the PS series is a good marriage for Apple but the question remains - what is Apple to do about gaming? I think getting Autodesk and Maya would be sweet. I could see Apple redoing the interface and dropping the price greatly. It would complement FCP Suite nicely. Also makes sense since Pixar uses Renderman with Maya. They then control the app they use. The only question is whether Apple is growing Motion into a 3D app that can do...
You guys have good points about game consoles but what is Apple to do about gaming? Do they partner with someone, rely on Boot Camp for PC games, hope native OS X games continue to grow, or jump into the living room with their own media center/game console/Apple TV? It's the billion dollar question everybody is wondering about. While I don't know for sure if OS X is a good thing on the PS3, it is at least worth a good look. I wish Apple would do something serious for...
I agree about Sony as a company not being with it like they use to be. However, putting OS X on the Playstation would not be an anchor for Apple. If Sony goes down, then Apple has a good excuse and transition to jump into the console market. An alliance would help them now and in the future. The fact is that Apple is basically sitting on the side lines with gaming. This is their one area of weakness. Xbox live is a competitor to iTunes, and the media center concept...
I too see benefits for Apple to work with Sony. PS games running on Mac OS X would be huge. Since consoles lose so much money, this would not hurt Sony at all. It would boost game sales of which Sony gets a cut. Also Apple would then have to have Blue Ray and this would also help Sony. There use to be a PS game emulator for Mac, so I would think this would be possible. I would think PS1 and PS2 games could run for sure pretty quickly, not sure about PS3. This is...
Well, I think you have a few points but I think I do too. Sometimes the best we can do is agree to disagree. Still, I find the forums a good place to organize my thoughts and test them against others. I also have found it a great place to learn info. I really wish more people would pick up on the OpenDoc future of OS X and how it can impact the whole computer experience. I know I am extremely good at analyzing data and repeatedly see things before others. I am use...
Just wondering. I read some people's posts and have to wonder.
curious about mac, It is true that power does corrupt usually, but history is also filled with examples of people who buck this trend. The question is if there is a pattern why some people seem to "not take the ring of power." I would also say just because somebody was evil in the past does not mean that they cannot reform. Also, the opposite - just because somebody has always been nice, does not mean they will never do something evil. So predicting the future is...
I know the OpenDoc thing goes way back but what I am commenting on is the effect it can have on the common user and their experience. So yes, we should see OOP and OpenDoc happening but not just in the OS and app code, I mean how it metamorphoses the GUI, especially the Finder. Is not half of iPhoto, iWeb, and iMovie, plus Mail, Address Book, iTunes, Dictionary, iCal, and Font Book all specific Finders for certain data type or object? They all look very similar too....
Which would you rather have - a good king or a democracy of fools? While some may fear one company controlling too much of the IT industry, one has to look at how that company got its power and its actions. I think MS got their power illegally and has held back years of progress in the computer world. On the other hand, name me something bad Apple has done, I mean something worse than the typical rant that their computers are a couple hundred dollars overpriced. I...