or Connect

Posts by visionary

gastroboy, You asked the good question whether Apple wants to become a major Windows developer? Well, how about this question - Why is Microsoft a major developer of Apple software? Is not that what MS Office is? Now iWork is finally good enough for everybody not to panick if MS leaves the Mac OS. However, I think it is essential for Apple to keep MS from buying out Adobe and having all the creative apps from being held hostage. Apple doesn't have to change Adobe...
Come on, anybody have any more info? Somebody has to know something more.
The next version or successor to Logic is way overdue. I have only read a few rumors by people who claim to know Beta testers. Meanwhile I have seen Garageband and Soundtrack Pro go through big updates. But where's Logic? The only thing I can figure is that it is Leopard dependent and its release was delayed because Leopard was delayed. Here are the rumors I have heard. The environment is gone or hidden The program is mostly one main screen The synths are...
I agree that it is an interesting time for Apple. I think Jobs and company have been way ahead of us on many things and they have done a good job. I'm sure they have multiple things in the pipeline and look forward to seeing their vision. The question is where they are going to go. I don't know - but I see many good potential directions they could go and I want Apple to to do them all if possible. I think they really can do better then the current products and...
Bg_nyc, you may be right on all accounts but I'm not so sure. Changing their strategic directive is not that uncommon for Apple now. The iPod, iPhone, and AppleTV are three examples of change. Before that was Final Cut, Logic, Shake, and others. So I think there is evidence to say Apple has changed directions or at least expanded into new directions. In all these directions, Apple has brought their innovation and changed the status quo. I'm guessing a few more apps...
In a related way, I also see Microsoft's entry into the console wars a move to block the promised NCs, the networked computers people predicted to threaten PCs. It just so happened Microsoft ended up in a good place for the living room media center wars just now starting. But that was luck. Why do I bring this up? Everything Microsoft does is defensive and reactionary. Wait - You have multitouch, well gee, so do I. I have no question we would still be on plain DOS...
Mr. Me, Your right, that is not like Apple to cripple apps, though some people think that is what they did with the new iMovie. My take with iMovie is I like what they did a lot. They need to give us back a little more audio functionality, slow mo, and chapters, then it would be perfect. But back to the subject at hand. Do we all agree Apple needs to make sure no company gains a monopoly in a certain software catagory on their platform? Secondly, does Adobe indeed...
It is like shutting the barn door after the horses are already out. In the past, Microsoft got away with just about everything. The antitrust laws didn't work - or more accurately, they weren't enforced. In Europe, it is still to be seen. Yes, Microsoft is under better scrutiny now but I think they could still drag their feet enough on the Apple side to damage any of their Mac products. They could delay versions and blame it on anything they want. They could shift...
Yeah, and these laws didn't stop Microsoft in the past.
There is one important point to this question of whether Apple should buy Adobe. It is this - Apple needs to get to the point where it can never be held hostage by another company because that other company controls and dominates a major software market. This is the principle by which to consider the Adobe issue. For example, look at what happened with Microsoft and its Office suite. Microsoft leveraged its software to hurt Apple big time. Just image what would happen...