or Connect

Posts by visionary

There is one important point to this question of whether Apple should buy Adobe. It is this - Apple needs to get to the point where it can never be held hostage by another company because that other company controls and dominates a major software market. This is the principle by which to consider the Adobe issue. For example, look at what happened with Microsoft and its Office suite. Microsoft leveraged its software to hurt Apple big time. Just image what would happen...
Phil, I think you have a very interesting idea of combining iDVD with IMovie. iMovie finally organizes and tracts all your movie clips and also edited projects. It makes sense to then group projects together and export/share them by DVD. I agree that most user just select a template in iDVD and drop in a few movies and hit burn. Apple talks about doing a movie in 30 minutes and that is a great idea. But how about doing a DVD in another 5 minutes? It would take...
This may sound really out there, but I wish Apple would make a PC version of iWork also, and then give both the Mac version and PC version away for free. Why free? Because it would make a serious dent in how many people buy MS Office. In fact, why would most people buy MS Office ever again? Apple would gain big time market share in office suite software and also in mind share. If people run mainly Apple iWork, why should they buy a PC in the first place? If I were...
Wow, do I LOVE that new wireless keyboard. For anybody who has read my past rants on other threads know that this new keyboard is close to what I wanted. I still don't like two tone and the lack of backlit keys but I still am pretty happy. I still thought ground effect lighting would rock too. Oh well, maybe next time.
If this is an Apple keyboard, it is only a prototype to test the keys but not the looks. My biggest complaint about this keyboard - and most keyboards - is the keypad to the right. With good ergonomics, that is where the mouse should be for right handed people. I would like to see the keypad a seperate deal that either plugs into the side of the keyboard or connects by a USB cable. That way the user can decide whether to use it and where to place it. The keypad...
No, I don't think Ireland is Steve Jobs. I don't always agree with him in every detail but still respect him as being one of the smarter guys on the forums. He is the type of guy I would like to see working at Apple.
My vote is for BR-DVD instead of just a DVD. Maybe Apple should offer three versions - one the way it is now, one with a DVD player, and one with a BR-DVD. Then people can jump in at the level they want. Shouldn't be too hard for Apple to do.
The big question is that of quality of video. TV and movie downloads barely work in Standard Definition if you have good broadband. That is why it makes sense to buy a physical BR-DVD or HD-DVD disc for the near future. A physical disc offers a superior product. Not as convenient as downloads, but markedly superior. Also to rip all my DVDs would fill up a good size RAID system and those systems aren't cheap. To rip HD content would take even more room. So I do not...
I like the iPhone inspired new iMac. Good job Fagin. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see that the new iMac looks exactly like your mock-up -- with a black stand of course. As a matter of fact, Apple is going to be hard pressed to do something better. My only comments and suggestions are why keep the chin and what about adding speakers? If the new iMac can lose the chin then that would be fine with me. I see no form or function to it. As for speakers, if Apple...
Ireland, I am right with you on this one. I think this is the next step for Apple - or at least it should be. What I don't get is why so many people don't agree with you. BR-DVD and HD-DVD hold about 20+ GB of audio and video data. There is no way downloads can compete with this amount of data even with super broadband access and new compression schemes. As much as everybody wants movie downloads to work, the bandwidthl limitations keep it from happening. Yes, there...