or Connect

Posts by visionary

Apple's iPhoto books are pretty good but I sure would like more flexibility. Aperture does a better job but again I also want something more text focused, thus the Pages option. I too think it would be great scrapbooks.
I am amazed at all the people who are complaining about the past Apple keyboards. Not that people don't like them but the reasons why they don't like them. My biggest complaint is the number pad to the right. It forces me to put my mouse way to the right beyond what is ergonomically correct. Either that or I have to shift the center of keyboard way to the left. Also, the last couple of keyboards match the white iMacs but not the PowerMacs and Mac Pros. Why didn't...
Project2501, I also agree with you that designing, hosting, and maintaining websites are not exactly a walk in the park. I guess I just think the average Joe is capable of quite a lot with the right tools and documentation. Just as early automobiles broke down frequently and needed mechanics to repair them often, I think many sites on the web are like these early automobiles. But just as automobiles are now quite robust and dependable, I think web authoring and...
You're right. I meant Dr. Suess. You'd think as a father of 10 kids I'd get this right! I also looked over the Lulu site and there is much to like. However, I don't know about the legal contract stuff. I don't want to get entangled with who the publisher is for example, and have to read through all the legal stuff to make sure I wasn't signing my work away. Not that Lulu's documentation is bad; it is just I should only have to go through all that legal work if I...
Project2501, I disagree. For example, a store and a forum are two common website parts nomally left only to pros. This does not have to be. In all the websites I've visited over the years, they all have the same needs. I think iWeb could include a few templates for each of these functions that the average person could drag and drop into their website. Well written documentation should enable the average computer user to understand what it takes to support these...
iPhoto has a great feature where one can print books with their photos. It's great. These books make the best Christmas gifts for grandparents and relatives. However, I think Apple should also add this book function to Pages, and possibily Keynote. For example, I would love to create custom books for my children using their names, photos and stories. My own custom Dr. Zeus. I would love to print out a few copies for my kids, relatives, friends, etc. Another...
I've spent a little time in iWeb and like everybody else, liked the potential of the app. However, it is very limited in its current form. What I would like to see is the next version go way further and give us a good tool that would make many pro web designers take notice. While the current version gives templates for photo pages, blogs, and podcasts, why not go further and add templates for forums and stores? Also add mysql links for getting data, photos, videos,...
Good points. I too want to see what Apple will do with zfs. I also agree about the local user metadata and parental access control. Simplicity is the key to the home network system, media data management, and entertainment system. Even the OS and apps itself. This is Apple's specialty. There is no way Microsoft or any Linux flavor can come close to doing what Apple can do. We are all starting to have systems of systems. The livingroom entertainment system is...
I know it is at least 3 months to 10.5 and the new Finder but from what Apple has shown, they did not go far enough with the new Finder. Cover Flow and QuickLook are great and are needed. Good work Apple. But what also is desparately needed is better metadata control and editing- especially with audio, video, and photo files. I have over 20,000 photos in IPhoto and over 300 CDs in iTunes. Apple has no Video database program. This is a glaring oversight - maybe a...
I've written this on the forums before but don't know how many people read it. iTunes and iPhoto are different ways to view and manage certain data a lot better then one can manage this data in Finder. Currently Tiger has the Pictures, Documents, Movies, Music Folders on the left of the Finder window. I would like to click on the Folder and to the right in the Finder Window I would like to see iPhoto and iTunes built right in. iWeb also manages data as does iMovie,...