or Connect

Posts by McDave

Not so fast SS. Shane's constant pushing of third-party alternatives to perfectly viable & far less invasive built-in first party products all serve to break or dilute the Apple UX.If a Mac user goes down this path using generic, cross-platform, third party apps & services there will be little to justify staying on the Mac platform. Beware Greeks bearing gifts.
More like comparing a regular car with a big rig i.e. far more useful to the majority of us.
Why? This isn't even touch. Numbers for iOS has it here.
Isn't that the Galaxy Note 55? Comes with a free winch to get it up to your ear, fist-touch for when you realise software written for a 4-inch display doesn't stretch that well and a Shetland Pony to aid mobility.
As an expat I hear you. Though, sometimes, this works in my favour as Siri can't understand the Kiwis. Good for default but needs to allow override.
By killing I assume you mean suicide. Apple could never generate profits from software to subsidise the loss of profits from their integrated systems & 'potential' customers who are already fooled by function-only marketing will never get why running the same software on a more expensive machine with lower specs is actually better.Which destroys Apple's integrated solution approach. So Amazon/B&N get to benefit from Apple's totally captive App Store, what do Apple get,...
Hasn't every movie shot in the last few years been 4K? Doesn't Apple have the largest online movie store?
Open source is good for components not complete consumer products. Engineers are not designers.
So if I'm being shadowed by an Android-toting geek with a 16 Teraflop cluster on his back. I should change my Hotspot password if I switch it on - good to know! Ah! Ze Germans. McD
To expand (infringe?) upon someone else's observation, maybe if the photo had a black iPad, the same orientation & hadn't shrunk the 10.1" Galaxy Tab the comparison would have been clearer.   I seriously don't get where Apple are coming from with their legal strategy, never has the term 'divide & conquer' been more apt.  Apple are an integrator, they take standard or custom components (hardware or software) and integrate them via unique designs to produce products...