or Connect

Posts by McDave

Time to lose those A5/ sub-gigabyte devices as they fall out of the envelope for optimisation.
This thread is about Horsepower not Horsemen.  Though we'd love to cure disease and war it's only so we can feel clever, the result would ultimately bore us and they'd be back again.  Time to take a closer look in the mirror.
If all you wanted was to browse the web, why did you have a Mac in the first place? Just get an iPad. Perhaps if you'd signed up with Apple cloud services rather than Google's you'd have experienced the better integration and the switch would make less sense.I didn't realise Google had hand-off already (with the proximity syncing) all power to them!
Lightning ports all round?
Already done and used for the tap-to-setup function.I'm still confused by the choice of AppleTV as the hub. If external comms were the goal, surely Airport would be a better option. Unless they're finally integrating the two and the AppleTV software is destined for a new device.
Square Cash: criminals rub your hands with glee! Govt Agencies; AML alert!
Aren't they trying to confuse two issues here? 1) Apple never claimed or intended iTunes DRM-protected music to work on any other system. 2) From memory Napster was trying to spoof iPods to work with their iTunes competitor, to cash in on Apple's ecosystem. Apple just shut them down. Interoperability was the design of the other DRM system, it failed. If all proprietary consumer systems are going to be hit by anti-trust suits I wish the law would just state this up front.
Has anyone seen frame rate comparisons for metal optimized games running on iOS 7 vs iOS 8 on A7 hardware. I guess this would be the fairest indicator of Metal performance enhancement.
They're actually allowing more design-savvy developers to implement those designs by reducing technical clutter. It makes sense to promote languages which allow us to simplify higher level functions and provide lower-level performance as the Swift+Metal combo delivers.At the other developer conference Google admitted their platform's apps were running at half the speed they should have been!
I hope a sarcastic news anchor introduces "and Microsoft have announced their 11th version of Windows, Windows 10..."Send me the link when that happens