or Connect

Posts by McDave

Does anyone know how the respective industries have responded to these apps? They sound like the things we'd hoped iPads would be used for but is 5 years too late? Did it give IT1.0 a chance to get their usual counter-productive hooks in?
Wow. Did Jony find the keys to the pie fridge?
What a tragic inferiority complex you have! I don't live in the USA and all of my Mac using colleagues and friends are also based outside of the US. I'm with "Suddenly Newton", sure I can tinker but most of the Mac users I know want a business or consumer-class product - not a hobbyist product.If I, or they, wanted to play, we'd chose a non-Apple product.
Presumably not a single review as no reviewer could be qualified to know what "good" is across such a broad range of subject areas. The most productive apps are incredibly simple and to the point and easily lost on those who aren't the intended user.Nobody in IT would be qualified to make a valid assessment.
I don't have sight of what other IBM services are necessary but this is definitely the way to go; robust productised software with (what appears to be) high-level customisation. I thought about getting an app design through my current company but decided against it as there was no evidence of it not being totally compromised by IT practice before landing in the users' hands. One of the biggest benefits of this partnership I can see is how it could circumvent current IT...
Unlikely as their optic nerves are detached and all impulses need to route via an official ad matching engine to maximise revenue. For Android users, all reality is augmented.
Nah, 32GB's a "tweener". You're either happy with your 16GB facebook'n'photos backed up and spilling off to a $1/month storage plan. Or you want to mess with video which requires more app & local data space. Loss of the 32GB prevents a half-arsed user decision failure.
Not really. The patent was filed in 2008, more than long enough for Samsung to copy it and slap something together that never works well.It would be a great way of Apple to get their clueless and innovation-incapable competition to run around in circles though.
Ah. You're confusing Telecom carriers/operators for the companies generally in the telco business being referred to here. Though I'm pretty sure they baulked at Apple's entry into the handset business, especially when they tried to take more control of the service/UX.
Are GM really the Apple of the car industry? If he were a BMW or Mercedes exec he may have a point. Doesn't he know that 11% probably sounds great to a lot of Android licensees who occupy the equivalent market position?