or Connect

Posts by McDave

Not that we're going to get iPhones in NZ anytime soon but I think I'd be happy with an 8GB version. iPod Mini and AppleTV have taught me how to use/synch smart playlists (check your playcounts to see how much of your iTunes library you actually listen to/watch). We're all taught bigger=better though so maybe top end versions should be available just to keep the spec-monkey's happy - for a while. McD
My money's on BBC shows. Microsoft always make announcements shortly before Apple deliver real products & services (to try to take the wind out of their sails/sales?) and the came up with something recently about BBC TV shows on Xbox live. McD
& Ringo's finest work too !! Thomas the Tank Engine on iTunes!! Now that's content! McD
[QUOTE=caliminius;1141365][QUOTE=McDave;1141231]You mean the most useable/best products on the market? Actually, any music player capable of playing this decade's industry standard audio technology (as opposed to MP3) will play downloads from iTunes+If you forego an excellent, useful product that's available right here & right now for something which only has a perceived benefit then you truly deserve the second-rate products you'll get. Don't worry about whether they'll...
You mean the most useable/best products on the market? Actually, any music player capable of playing this decade's industry standard audio technology (as opposed to MP3) will play downloads from iTunes+Because the other way only gives us crap. We've learned that we get interoperability at the expense of quality & useability and it ain't good enough. So we made a choice - no 'choice'! C'mon, 'freedom' is sooo last century (or is that next century?) I think it's...
So you mentioned it because?I won't question your Big Iron ops prowess (though most of the systems engineers & designers I've spoken to over the last 20 years still don't claim to have the whole thing down). Tell me, if every man & his dog made plugin componentry for IBM's real kit - would it be so resilient? Would OS390 have been so solid on Taiwan's (maybe not Hitachi's) cheapest clones? Aren't their mainfame and midrange products so reliable because they're...
And yet you do play within his boundaries, as we all do. It must be frustrating having to acknowledge that the reason you buy & use Macs is at odds with your belief as to what makes them so good. Your subsequent post is wrong by the way, it's not all down to hardware specs, it's down to your belief that you're smart enough to understand them. Even if you were to get your own way and have hardware freedom at which point would you acknowledge it wasn't freedom at all and...
We choose to use the 'system' because as a whole it's more useful which is both unique and commendable in a market of mediocrity. What brainwashed fool would separate hardware and software when they're both so interdependent? McD
Looks messy. Why not just have an external, multiport, induction-powered gizmo which converts to a Gbps highly localised (<1 metre) wireless protocol. This would mean the ultraportable's design or reliability wouldn't be compromised and, with the proliferation of wirelessly connected devices, it would ultimately become redundant. They could start with an iPod dongle (with 802.11n/g support) that'd get the ball rolling. McD
You noticed?Maybe just make the Mini a bit taller? Y'know like a cube but with snap-in drives, memory & graphics? C'mon Steve - 3rd time lucky? McD