or Connect

Posts by McDave

He doesn't have to because he knows you will
Maybe the one based in Redmond? Of course! Apple have become 'The Man' and everyone always tries to bring down 'The Man' I'm not convinced by any of these 'costs' they're just journalistic nonsense. The key point of difference with iPods (& it seems iPhones) is design & software I'm sure most of the components can be found elsewhere. Both are very expensive and in Apple's case must be regularly engaged for updates & refreshes the BOMs always neglect these and sweep them...
I was never convinced 3G data made sense financially. I can see why the lack of urgency though it sounds like a good idea.
This is the wrong way round. You can use music from other non-DRM'd sources on your iPod but not other devices with iTS purchases (except iTunes Plus). Although iTunes was released before iPods iTS was plugged in later so you could argue it's a companion product not an online retailer that's been closed for anti-competitive reasons. Apple have even covered their bases by saying they would open it up if the labels let them and one has. Thank goodness but will this be...
Not that we're going to get iPhones in NZ anytime soon but I think I'd be happy with an 8GB version. iPod Mini and AppleTV have taught me how to use/synch smart playlists (check your playcounts to see how much of your iTunes library you actually listen to/watch). We're all taught bigger=better though so maybe top end versions should be available just to keep the spec-monkey's happy - for a while. McD
My money's on BBC shows. Microsoft always make announcements shortly before Apple deliver real products & services (to try to take the wind out of their sails/sales?) and the came up with something recently about BBC TV shows on Xbox live. McD
& Ringo's finest work too !! Thomas the Tank Engine on iTunes!! Now that's content! McD
[QUOTE=caliminius;1141365][QUOTE=McDave;1141231]You mean the most useable/best products on the market? Actually, any music player capable of playing this decade's industry standard audio technology (as opposed to MP3) will play downloads from iTunes+If you forego an excellent, useful product that's available right here & right now for something which only has a perceived benefit then you truly deserve the second-rate products you'll get. Don't worry about whether they'll...
You mean the most useable/best products on the market? Actually, any music player capable of playing this decade's industry standard audio technology (as opposed to MP3) will play downloads from iTunes+Because the other way only gives us crap. We've learned that we get interoperability at the expense of quality & useability and it ain't good enough. So we made a choice - no 'choice'! C'mon, 'freedom' is sooo last century (or is that next century?) I think it's...
So you mentioned it because?I won't question your Big Iron ops prowess (though most of the systems engineers & designers I've spoken to over the last 20 years still don't claim to have the whole thing down). Tell me, if every man & his dog made plugin componentry for IBM's real kit - would it be so resilient? Would OS390 have been so solid on Taiwan's (maybe not Hitachi's) cheapest clones? Aren't their mainfame and midrange products so reliable because they're...