or Connect

Posts by McDave

Ahh I see, so detailed scenrios/justifications are just for a 'friend' of yours. Do you use this one when visiting the doctor?Do I have to? Or will I come to the conclusion that your preferred market model happens to reinforce the piracy that you advocate (but don't excercise)The problem/damage of piracy has been with us for quite a while but it doesn't hurt the market any less. You seem to differentiate between 'wide-spread piracy' through online distribution & 'making...
(The set up) - the challenge to the financial model of the music industry (no doubt from a lot of commercial experience and intimate understanding of financial requirements in each step of the supply chain) - though most of this thread is downright biblical so I fell asleep.Except this one...(The sting) - "by any definition"....except your own! You've justified the illegal distribution of music! Your preferred "Scenario b)" contains far more breaches than the single...
Well, there's no arguing with that. Except, of course, the last part. If breaking the law is an inadequate deterent how is watermarking going to work at all? All it proves is that one identifiable individual is guilty of at least one upload for one track, all subsequent copies in circulation could have been distributed by other parties and the extent is unlikely to be procured by the original perpetrator so what's the point? Knowing that a DRM'd file also has your ID and...
Steady on old chap, no need to blow an artery or, worse, break your machine (we're such slaves to our opinions aren't we?). Let's take this in easy chunks...I was actually agreeing with you that anyone with an external A to D could capture analog audio & convert to an unprotected digital file which could be burned onto CD but no need as that function is already available in iTunes. That'll serve me right!Sorry, I was goading but you are selling somethingI think all but...
I didn't say you did, Trendannoyer brought it up as a comparable closed ecosystem & you claimed it was irrelevent based on nobody wanting to open it - which in itself is the point that's irrelevent. Seems like you have the goggles on.
We live in democracies - the complaint is always about choice (or the perception of) that's why these consumer groups exist. If we're not given enough, we complain. If we're given to much and things inevitably fail to deliver, we complain.However I'm not sure about this..1. "a well functioning digital society" - ?!! didn't the great Uncle Steve show us (valid) stats on how certain countries' music sales were going to the wall? With 50% CD sales decreases and piracy on...
Save yourself the effort and burn it to an unprotected CD - no D to A to D required, all courtesy of the 'unfairly restricted' iTunesI think people buy from iTunes because it's easy not because they're 'not pirates' you're confusing cause & effect and possibly setting us up for......the sell - there it is! Still got shares/financial interest?..Sorry, the system wouldn't work at all. Conventional wisdom is that prevention is better than cure (DRM as opposed to...
He seems to have, it's your argument which has changed tack from consumer-bias (the foundation of the Norwegian complaint) to manufacturer-bias - who cares if nobody wants a piece of Sony's system, it's still closed. It's not Apple's fault they have so many pretenders! Is that a bit fanboy-ish? McD
Then they'll get the real public opinion rather than a few whinging pirates (Grrr) who'll find another excuse not to buy anyway.
Any whinging from the UK? (except from Mr. H) Maybe the UK iTS should get all the video goodies and Apple should hold off the other countries until the campaigners die down?