or Connect

Posts by McDave

Which is directly affected by the CPU utilisation we're discussing.McD
Why use a URL for referenced information when you can view the real thing first-hand? Just check the CPU utilisation in Activity Monitor run the whilst viewing Flash, MP4, QT or even AVI movies of similar bitrate?See for yourself, no HW acceleration required & no excuses.McD
Hang on, surely this implies that Flash wasn't optimised for Macs & that SJ was right & Adobe were lying all along! McD
That's for video playback only. Apple have provided, and game writers have used, vector acceleration via OpenGL since 2002 & Adobe have only just picked up on the idea. On my non-GPU-accelerated iMac (the GPU's not covered) other video players use 15-25% of that required by Flash for similar & higher bit-rate video so no excuses. McD
& so they should. Apps are GUESTS of the system, they are not the system. That way us consumers get apps that play nicely together, that don't stumble over each other and that don't drain system resources as if they are the only kid in the playground i.e. we don't get apps that are as precious and short-sighted as their developers! This is the real problem with Adobe they want to create a surrogate OS - a cuckoo! No thanks! Maybe they should release their own device. McD
Careful! From poverty & oppression terrorism is coerced. Now, who can we convince their being oppressed? (At least this century's terrorists have tans!) Back on topic, are we really just talking about the enclosure? What about software? Surely there's a case for saying you purchase the device when switched off so the 'look' counts? McD
Hang on, did I just ask Apple to become a truly global monster? I can't believe they haven't pushed iTunes Stores out to cover all 70 iOS App Stores! McD
But shrinking the OSX UI wouldn't work well so maybe replace it with one optimised for a smaller screen? And a miniscule physical keyboard would be poor to type on so how about a touchscreen instead?
Makes sense. They based the figure on previous Windows Tablet sales and deducted leakage from iPad McD
Hence Rumour Site McD