or Connect

Posts by McDave

AppleTV App icon when sitting in my living room please! (Assuming AppleTV will shortly be an App - which leverages and aggregates content provider Extensions)
Of course it won't live up to the hype! That's why most of these rumours are started, to make WWDC a let-down. Just like a well-timed iCloud security scare can take the shine off new product announcements. Now, who really starts them I wonder.
There's nothing wrong with the current capacity/cost most users I've encountered wouldn't fill 256GB. The problem is; what happens when a drive does fill up? Re-purpose the local drive as a cache for a larger backing store and you're fine.
No more HDDs all Flash storage for all Macs from now on & a new wifi/Tbolt storage-tier product to make sure the SSD never fills up.
The only stat that matters is; what % viewing time is spent with Internet-delivered content. That's the market Apple will be chasing. Interesting that the concerns highlighted look like an ATV+Airport+Modem would be the path for AppleTV. Highly feasible.
To "Westernize" is to become insane. To be controlled whilst believing you're in control requires you to be insane.
It's got the brawn, it's got the looks but it's got no brains. Tragically this travesty will sell...to people of a similar disposition.
Not so fast SS. Shane's constant pushing of third-party alternatives to perfectly viable & far less invasive built-in first party products all serve to break or dilute the Apple UX.If a Mac user goes down this path using generic, cross-platform, third party apps & services there will be little to justify staying on the Mac platform. Beware Greeks bearing gifts.
More like comparing a regular car with a big rig i.e. far more useful to the majority of us.
Why? This isn't even touch. Numbers for iOS has it here.