or Connect

Posts by McDave

Apple could compete very well in the small business market with it's non-Xserve products but with so many servers now being hosted I can see why they would drop the bigger hardware. Maybe they should seriously look at using some of that NC data centre to provide fully hosted virtual OSX servers especially with business computing going so mobile. McD
This would be a shame because it means we would have slumped back into the 'hardware-specs-are-everything' regime which served only to distract consumers into buying the wrong platform. What each OS is able to do with those naked resources is inconsistent so this approach has no value & never did . Only system concepts and software design are important, everything else amounts to semantics. For me, forget iPad2. iOS 4.2 needs to untether the current iPad from iTunes to...
Marketshare is just a base metric. Your product's success depends on access to that marketshare. You cannot assume that Apple's App Store, Android Market or even free-range web downloads provide the same market access - they almost certainly will not. By product selection Apple's customers prove they're prepared to spend money, Android/Windows followers prove they do not. Android's "openness" allows circumvention & theft of Market, Apps Store does not & no, most people...
I guess the choice is clear. Do you want to buy the best product or the best idea? McD
Why? Do Adobe hate HP as much as they hate Apple or something? Maybe MS will pay Adobe to make sure WebOS doesn't steal last place from WP7. They also missed a feature....Battery Life & Responsiveness - As good as the most poorly written, resource-hogging background app we didn't have the foresight to restrict. McD
Fewer of those this year than last year, than the year before, than the year before... McD
Too right! I'm actually liking that Yahoo have done this though I thought they'd build it on the FaceTime standard. With this and Skype on TVs (when ATV should have had iChat years ago) Apple need to get their act together if FT is ever going to make it or it'll just be another 'hobby'. McD
Viacom - to the back of the queue behind NBC for a review in 6-months. Apple should expand iTunes stores to countries with it's App Stores (70 or so) & punch out willing participants' content globally. When "...the rest of the studios will see the light..." it'll only be 5 months to go. Iger's on the money, if the bigger players don't want to adapt they can become the smaller players and down-size their staff accordingly. Starting from the top. I wonder how AirPlay...
Aperture 3? A bit like Lr but half the price & integrated. McD
Careful, Skoda. But no, I wouldn't buy one. I'm no Adobe fan, I have CS4 and still think they're stuck in the '80s and this suite appears to have little to offer that isn't shipped free in iLife (a 'media hub' who'd have thought it!). I'm sure on the epitome of design inconsistency that is Windows Adobe are still King but the opportunity to pay for mediocrity doesn't inspire. The irony is Adobe originally pulling Premiere was the catalyst for both the Apple-Adobe spat...