or Connect

Posts by McDave

Sandy Bridge upgrade on it's way then?
Then trust your own reviewhttp://www.pixelmator.com/try/ McD
I still don't get this obsession with ports/cables on mobile device. Portables, fine but the iPad/Pod/Phone are mobile, you can't use them well with cables sticking out. HDMI especially has no case, it makes no sense to leave the iPad beside the TV. More sense to have the iPad near you but you'd need a dock>HDMI connector with a 5m+ cable & booster - may as well get an ATV. McD
Good point. I was thinking LightPeak would be the reason for Apple abstaining from USB3.0 when they adopt drafts of other standards. Not sure about the position though.
That kind of fragmentation belongs on the Android platform. McD
Stopped using VLC ages ago. Perian allows any QT based app to play/convert all legacy formats. Much smarter approach and brings in media to my iOS devices. The only thing the OSX version of VLC is good for is handbrake. McD
Pixelmator is a cracking product. I've used both it and Ps (CS4). Whilst it lacks the 3D and design tools a true designer may require it does 90% of the Ps straight image editing for 10% of the cost. Photography enthusiasts and Pros should seriously consider this plus Aperture as a cost effective alternative to Adobe Lr + Ps. It's also quicker, slicker and has a full gamut of Quartz effects. Definitely worth a look, I'm sure we've all made worse impulse purchases...
More importantly Apple have failed to make the ATV multi-functional. They should expand media options (though under a consistent UI) but TV as a single justification is not strong enough and Apple alone aren't filling in the gaps. Where are the games that use your iPod/Phone/Pad as a dual screen/controller? MS are getting there first. Where's the video chat? Apple got this down before Skype! Where's the super easy Bluetooth/WiFi access point for guests? Samsung have...
So Adobe shouldn't write software for the platform, the platform should change for their software? Arrogant! You're right that it's an OSX issue though, Adobe have an issue with it. They realised their mistake when pulling Premiere for the Mac (they lost control of the DT video market). So they took a leaf from MicroSoft's book to keep the products on the Mac but fail to optimise them and create a poor application+platform value statement. The only reason Flash is...
Which is directly affected by the CPU utilisation we're discussing.McD