or Connect

Posts by McDave

Hang on, did I just ask Apple to become a truly global monster? I can't believe they haven't pushed iTunes Stores out to cover all 70 iOS App Stores! McD
But shrinking the OSX UI wouldn't work well so maybe replace it with one optimised for a smaller screen? And a miniscule physical keyboard would be poor to type on so how about a touchscreen instead?
Makes sense. They based the figure on previous Windows Tablet sales and deducted leakage from iPad McD
Hence Rumour Site McD
Apple could compete very well in the small business market with it's non-Xserve products but with so many servers now being hosted I can see why they would drop the bigger hardware. Maybe they should seriously look at using some of that NC data centre to provide fully hosted virtual OSX servers especially with business computing going so mobile. McD
This would be a shame because it means we would have slumped back into the 'hardware-specs-are-everything' regime which served only to distract consumers into buying the wrong platform. What each OS is able to do with those naked resources is inconsistent so this approach has no value & never did . Only system concepts and software design are important, everything else amounts to semantics. For me, forget iPad2. iOS 4.2 needs to untether the current iPad from iTunes to...
Marketshare is just a base metric. Your product's success depends on access to that marketshare. You cannot assume that Apple's App Store, Android Market or even free-range web downloads provide the same market access - they almost certainly will not. By product selection Apple's customers prove they're prepared to spend money, Android/Windows followers prove they do not. Android's "openness" allows circumvention & theft of Market, Apps Store does not & no, most people...
I guess the choice is clear. Do you want to buy the best product or the best idea? McD
Why? Do Adobe hate HP as much as they hate Apple or something? Maybe MS will pay Adobe to make sure WebOS doesn't steal last place from WP7. They also missed a feature....Battery Life & Responsiveness - As good as the most poorly written, resource-hogging background app we didn't have the foresight to restrict. McD
Fewer of those this year than last year, than the year before, than the year before... McD