or Connect

Posts by steveH

Who says it has to be either/or?
Not as much chance to meet and talk with people face to face on the intartubes; expositions have that going for them.
Still better than most trade shows, if not quite as interesting. And I say that having attended every SF MacWorld show, beginning back when I was still in the Apple// division. I recently moved to Minnesota from the southern SF Bay area, and this means I don't have to consider whether or not to try to make the show... :}
You might want to compare the current 13" rMBP, as it's noticeably thinner than what's shown above. Not to mention with a different distribution of interface ports on the side.
Translation: "I can't support my increasingly shaky argument. So I'll declare victory and run away."
The original Mac, Mac 512e (Fat Mac) and Mac Plus didn't have an internal fan. The Mac SE was the first Mac to have an internal fan, for the earlier models, you could get an external fan from third-party vendors if heating was an issue.
Translation: "I've got no actual argument... Squirrel!"
The "cracks" mostly weren't, they were flow lines in the plastic. (Hint: if they were cracks, you could have gotten dye to enter them by flexing the shell a bit.) If the on/off button failed to work, adding a small paper gasket fixed the problem. I had two of the machines, and supported users of a half-dozen others. Considering their current going prices, it might be fun to set one up again.
On the other hand, everything from Mac Pro down to Mini has at least one Thunderbolt port.
Maybe because "us on this forum" represents an almost infinitesimal fraction of Apple's customer base?