or Connect

Posts by steveH

The "cracks" mostly weren't, they were flow lines in the plastic. (Hint: if they were cracks, you could have gotten dye to enter them by flexing the shell a bit.) If the on/off button failed to work, adding a small paper gasket fixed the problem. I had two of the machines, and supported users of a half-dozen others. Considering their current going prices, it might be fun to set one up again.
On the other hand, everything from Mac Pro down to Mini has at least one Thunderbolt port.
Maybe because "us on this forum" represents an almost infinitesimal fraction of Apple's customer base?
The Hexo+ video stated 15 minutes. Some other devices might fly longer...
Might could have happened. I came close to being fired by him fairly early during the original Mac development effort. I was a tech writer in the Apple][ / Apple/// group, and we'd heard the occasional and fragmentary bit of gossip about what was going on there, since we'd previously worked with people like Andy Herzfeld and Brian Howard, etc.Things like the display, and how Steve was supposed to have gone to one of the secretary's desks, ripped out a sheet of paper from a...
Not everyone may be able to create equivalently-high quality video, but you can be fairly sure that the tools won't limit you to lower quality.
 I've got one, it its original case no less, out in the garage. Once we've finished moving, I plan to replace the lead-acid battery pack and get it back in operation. Wonder if I could get more than $50 for it once it's working?
With the subtle difference that it's actually a usable machine, without most of the disadvantages and compromises of netbooks (the which pretty much everyone else has quit making).
Except Apple doesn't seem to think that a plastic, bare bones mac needs to be offered. Not at $500 or anything else. You assume that Apple intends to be a "PC competitor", which I suppose would predicate meeting typical hardware and software specs. Apple's more successful offering what they figure that users will want to use, and if it competes with PCs in general, that's cool. But it's not necessary. Most users will have no use at all for an ethernet port, why should they...
Sadly for the joke, LSD came out of Switzerland, synthesized by Albert Hoffman, a researcher at Sandoz (now Novartis) in 1938. On the other hand, it's likely that quite a lot of LSD went *in* to Berkeley.