or Connect

Posts by steveH

This wouldn't have looked quite as silly if you'd posted it ten years ago. Given the increase in marketshare, both U.S. and internationally, over the past three or four years, it just looks like either a poor troll, or failed sarcasm.
Whoever wrote that "news" failed to notice the increase in Mac sales that has continued since the iPad was introduced. For starters. You need to either switch to decaf, or get your money back from your recreational pharmaceutical supplier.
The director of the new ad certainly included it as a tip of the hat to Lion. The developer of Alphabet Fun didn't require that it be used in the ad, nor that that specific exercise be used.
Given that Adobe had months to test and update their Mac applications for Lion, which customer base is a large fraction of their total income ... yes. Absolutely.
Do a full backup first. That should go without saying.Office 2011 seems to work just fine. Previous reports asserted that 2008 but not earlier, worked.Gargle is your friend. Really.
Given that others seem to be getting their downloads at much higher speeds, maybe it isn't Apple's (and/or their various conduits like Akamai) issue.
How close to Word 2004 formatted docs can you get with, say LibreOffice? Worst case, Word 2011 can save to Word 97-2004 format. Not upgrading one of the older ones probably is the cheapest solution.
Wireless Epson NX420 works perfectly. Talk to HP (I recently dumped HP for Epson, for a number of reasons).A lot of people came to gestural UIs from iPhone/iPad, and they're familiar with that usage. And probably have complained about the different usage between iOS and Mac behavior. You can change it in System Preferences to fit your own preferred behavior
They exist (well, appear) in both places.Go to Find Preferences -> Sidebar Click to de/select what you want to show/hide in the Finder's sidebar. I don't want the hard drive in my dock, but you should be able to drag it there from the Finder after you've tweaked preferences.
True. That's how I did the installation on this MBA.