or Connect

Posts by steveH

It takes up 3.81GB on the 8GB (7.62GB available) SD card I just used to do clean install on a MBA. No telling why various people are getting different sizes for the installer.
You forget the Snow Leopard installation, which you'd have had to have installed before you could use the Mac App Store.
And a lot of those cheap flash drives are, to be polite, crap. I've seen a number of cheap (PNY, among others) thumb drives fail with little use.That's right. You assume...This solves the problem of upgrading to Lion for those not currently running Snow Leopard quite nicely: Snow Leopard install disks ($29), Lion installer ($29), thumb drive ($9). $2 for shipping, and there you go. Think, people, think.
Look up "bit rot" in regard to optical media. You don't even have to use it, the optical disc can degrade over time, even if stored in a cool, dark place. And the older your CD/DVD, the more likely it has begun to degrade, depending on the type of dye used, etc.
Rejoice! then. Hint: Look into Versions' behavior, not to mention cmd-S and quitting the application.
It's not like quitting applications you don't want to continue running on start up takes all that much effort even if you couldn't turn it off. I guess we'll get to sort through System Preferences to see what behavior is switchable tomorrow. (And so far, most of the angst-producing changes, like scrolling behavior, have been shown to be selectable, why not Resume?) Wait. You forgot a couple of things: - Versions. So you can go back to an earlier saved version if you...
Sending out the GM to the stores on physical media being more secure is more than likely the reason for this before the public release. Then too, there may be some extra goodies along for the ride.
There are reports floating about of CS5 users running it on the Lion GM (actually, also on various betas, too).
Probably a reference to his elevated blood pressure.
You want matte? Slap some plastic on the front of it and done with it. Some of us really do prefer the glossy face, and light out work area appropriately.