or Connect

Posts by steveH

When you think the Mac Pro's design had to be frozen so that production and shipping might happen around the end of the year?
I don't recall getting any offer from the store; I'd just moved my family down to San Jose from north of Napa to take a tech writer position at Four-Phase Systems (made the first all-LSI minicomputer systems). In the building they built as their company headquarters, which is now Infinite Loop. Spent 18 months there, then got an offer at Apple in the Apple//&/// division writing manuals there.   I did get offered a job at the bike store a few doors up from Mark's store...
The first time I got a chance to work with an Apple][ was at Mark's store, and remember you and Lucy there back then. A year later I was working at Apple, in part because of being inspired by the energy generated by the people working at, and hanging around the computer store. Time flies...
Between Nov. '79 and May '85 I worked in Bandley 3, Taco Towers, on Mariani, the "Triangle" building on Stevens Creek, and De Anza (5? 6?) across the street from Apple headquarters. Trying to keep up with the growth in headcount then kept things churning.
So a $30 Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter won't work? Switch to decaf for a bit.
I was impatient and bought Pages and Keynote from the App Store last night, since I use them the most (have iWork '09 from the box set). This morning, Numbers popped up in software update, and installed happily. So, having installed Mavericks on my wife's laptop last night, checked software update, and all three were showing there, and installed neatly. Sometimes patience is rewarded (and I need to see if I can get a refund on the two I just re-bought...)
 Schools. Not to mention people/families on very tight budgets.
 "Who Killed Roger Rabbit?", not to mention any number of Bugs Bunny cartoons.
I had a wonderful time hanging around in your store, and watching some of the, um, interesting characters that wandered through was icing on the cake.
What part of "up to 12 cores" slipped past you? Just how big do you expect the next two generations of DIMMs to max out to?   It's not like we're going to be limited to 1GB memory parts, right?