or Connect

Posts by steveH

So turn it off. It's not rocket science.
Let me fix that for you: - Win PC user installs trojan = Win PC User error - Win PC user does nothing much, Win PC snarfs up viruses and other random malware just by being powered on = Win PC bad [/QUOTE]OSX user installs trojan = User error ????[/QUOTE] No charge for the upgrade/repair. You're welcome.
This would be a slightly more credible strategy were it not for the fact that TB allows for support of multiple other types of interfaces through relatively simple adapters. Not very effect lock out.
It's a bit premature to say whether or not someone supports a brand new interface that was released only a couple of months ago. Give them a little time to get products developed and tested, not to mention released.
There were good reasons to drop ADB, but being proprietary wasn't the first or even main one, since other companies, such as Sun, also used the bus.Yeah, the "proprietary" SSD that you can get from vendors like Other World Computing. There are plenty of things to tweak Apple about; but one should choose things that actually do apply.
What's the problem? Apple's products come with miniDisplayPort connectors; requiring an adapter to connect to a DisplayPort monitor is nothing new here.
Quite a few, actually. Not for their only machine, but for working out in the field. Once you're home, the sorted stuff moves to the heavyweight tools, and mass storage.
I'm also a photographer (professionally, off and on, for the past 40 years) and I use Aperture 3 with RAW files. It works fine on a MBA with 4GB RAM for sorting/selection and some post processing. For heavier demands, a 2009 3GHz iMac does quite nicely, and without 8 cores. Maybe I'm just not as impatient as some?
Well, that must explain why this 13" MBA came from Apple with 4GB RAM. Wait... What? *Every* competitor? It was amusing to see several Asus laptop specs that say "2 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 4GB SDRAM", while not specifying how much RAM was installed by default. (A couple did note "4GB RAM".) And at least one warned that while you *could* install 4GB, only 3GB would be usable by the OS. The devil does seem to be in the details sometimes.
Sorry, no. USB uses a tiered, star topology using multiple hubs, and requires the host-processor to manage low-level USB protocol. FireWire is a tree topology, and It allows peer-to-peer device communication — such as communication between a scanner and a printer — to take place without using system memory or the CPU. Unlike USB. And in practice, USB 2 is not quite as fast as FireWire 400, requiring more system processing resources.