or Connect

Posts by inkswamp

Waitafrigginminute... I wasn't seeking anyone's approval. I never do. If I did, I sure as hell wouldn't have been using Macs for the last 15 years, would I? And second, I wasn't griping about needing approval, but rather the way some people feel the need to bitch about everything, and the way that can spread misinformation when they don't really know what they're talking about. I just don't get the desire to whine about imagined grievances. This caused me problems because...
It wasn't my intent to thread-jack, so I'll keep this brief.I understand that, and I don't begrudge people their venting when there's an actual reason to vent. My point was that those who whined about the iBooks not being core image and video compatible should stop and ask themselves why they did that. Obviously, they didn't know what the hell they were talking about and therefore, it's logical to assume, they had no reason to vent. It was unnecessary venting that caused...
I'm about to bail out on sites like this because many people posting in the forums seem to pull so many "facts" completely out of their ass. I was a little bummed out because I had been planning to buy an iBook but so many people here were griping that the video card did not support Core Image and Video which is something that I wanted. And yet today, we hear otherwise from a more authoritative source: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/ I wish people would post to these...
Business is based on how people or groups get along. In a business setting, if I view you as a threat or an annoyance, I likely won't help you out by stocking your products on my shelves. That's the reality of the situation. Make me mad, I don't do business with/for you. Play nice, I help you out. And no, removing something from Apple stores is not even close to media control. I think we're all getting an overblown sense of the importance of Apple stores here. There are...
Folks, I hate to play devil's advocate, but the reality is that Apple can stock whatever they want in their stores. There's nothing draconian or evil about them making decisions based on what companies make them happy. If I ran a business and a publisher did something I didn't like, I would probably do the same thing. It's their store, their shelves and their space. There is nothing Big Brother-ish about it. Now, if Apple were pulling strings to get book stores and...
Here's another thought. Maybe Apple can stop treating non-.Mac subscribing Mac users as second-class citizens by making a ".Mac perk" out of applications and functionality normally viewed as an essential component of the operating system. Why shouldn't someone who shells out money for a Mac (but not .Mac) have a program like Backup (and that means, something built in to the system to automate backups, not just to .Mac accounts)? Why shouldn't iCal work with any FTP server...