or Connect

Posts by inkswamp

Really? Care to explain how this is the Fox News version? Google was ruled to have violated copyright in their original intent with Google Books and had to scale back what they were doing. You are talking about their original intentions, right, not what's there now? And even the scaled back version is a trampling of copyright. Last night, I was thinking about some of the details at the end of Thinner, the novel by Stephen King, which I read when I was in high school many,...
I guess I need a clarification about what this means. If it just means that each company agrees not to actively target another company's talent, then no big deal. I don't see the harm in that. But if it goes further and includes not hiring or offering such a person more money if they're seeking a new job, then it's bullshit and all companies involved should be kicked in the ass.
I doubt Google is lying about activation numbers, but I have to wonder how many of those activations (presumed sales) are for actual new users? Just judging from the attitudes seen across discussion forums on the Internet, it would seem there is a significant number of Android fans willing to buy new Android phones before their contract is up just to have the latest and greatest. Meanwhile, my 3-and-a-half year old iPhone3G is still doing its thing just as well as it has...
Correct me if I'm wrong but Android really started to take off about 2 years ago, right? I recall that Android was finally making waves after lagging behind the iPhone for a while. I'm wondering if all these people switching are coming off 2-year contracts. If so, that explains the large percentage of people coming to iPhone from Android suddenly. I imagine lots of buyers got Android phones because they were cheap, grew to detest them and now are jumping to the iPhone....
They're dead.
Seriously, dude, take a f@$#%&g breath.The "we can't have nice things" line you're responding to is an Internet meme, often invoked ironically to mock the very attitude you're trying to pin on your stereotype of Americans. I'd say if you crawl down off that high horse of yours a little more often and mingle with us common folk, you might have realized that instead of making a colossal ass of yourself with your holier-than-thou rant.
Who else remembers those consumer survey results circulating last summer showing roughly half of all Android users planning to switch to iPhone while about 5% of iPhone users were planning to switch to Android? I remember those reports being greeted with outright disdain by Android fans and doubt amongst most others. And yet, these numbers seem to suggest there was some truth in those results. It's curious to me that Android seems to be good at grabbing the first-time...
Blah blah blah. Nothing personal, but the longer I live, the less patience I have with this kind of hair-splitting overly analytical view of things. Bottom line: people who own tablets (including me--I'm posting this from my iPad right now) use them in place of time spent on laptops or PCs. End of story. I don't give a rip how you classify it all but don't fool yourself. The tablet has muscled its way into the computing market. You may not call it a PC but it's serving the...
Count me in with the group that thinks Steve Jobs' comments were misdirection. It seems so unlikely to me that Apple would get into the game of producing TVs when it seems most of the interesting stuff could be contained to a set-top box. The screen is just a big monitor, reflecting whatever is being fed into it. What's to innovate there? With TVs, the interesting stuff is the content and the systems you can connect to it, not the hardware. It's a big flat screen. Who...
My two-word rebuttal: iPod Mini.