or Connect

Posts by inkswamp

I find it odd that someone can't have a dissenting view around here without being accused of being whiny. Nothing in my post is whiny. You might note that I even acknowledged that my point of view is only valid if the source and info is credible. I'm just stating my case that this is unprecedented for Apple and that they have built expectations about these things with their past record of excellent support for their hardware and that it's inexcusable for a premium product...
Not for 8-month-old hardware, they haven't.One that could have been avoided with adequate planning.Until you can show me examples of features that were not brought to hardware less than a year old, I disagree completely. Apple knew Siri was in the works when they brought the iPad 2 to market. It should have been Siri-ready. It's a cop-out.I accept that while Siri is in beta, but afterward, it's a lame excuse.I'm not following you but I do think it's unprecedented for Apple...
What a bunch of apologist drivel. Spare me.Apple set the bar that high, not me. Apple set my expectations high as an iOS user. I didn't come into the iOS world thinking I deserve major, new features with each OS update. That was a level of expectation Apple created. Apple brought new features to old hardware as part of their way of doing things, a way that differentiated the iPhone from all the cheap, poorly supported Android hardware out there. But suddenly they switch...
Perhaps some reading lessons are in order. The headline doesn't say "allowed the court." And a competitor in a given game or struggle can in fact allow an opponent to win without having to control the judges, right? I don't see any inaccuracy with how the headline worded.
That's very unclear. I wonder if that means he dressed up as Frankenstein or Frankenstein's monster. Given that it's Jobs we're talking about, I wouldn't assume this was an editorial gaffe and that they really meant he did dress up as Dr. Frankenstein.
And in all fairness, Apple did pretty well under Sculley. Not spectacular, but they weren't hurting.It was the relentless attitude (partly Jobs' doing) by Apple back then that they wouldn't compete with Windows by licensing the Mac OS that really took the wind out of their sails (almost typed 'sales'... heh.) That, coupled with the disastrous Michael Spindler era where Apple was trying to compete with low-end PCs by hacking away at whatever quality advantage Apple had and...
I too am very concerned. I've heard this trojan can actually cause the sky to fall! Everyone should panic immediately!
Totally agree with you. Apple could just rebrand the Mac Mini and scale it from low- to high-end box and have it all covered. A slightly bigger Mac Mini-style enclosure (maybe taller) that has user-accessible internals/slots with Mac Pro-like specs would be a killer product and probably a lot cheaper to produce and sell than the Mac Pros. And hell, with Thunderbolt, you could, in theory, eliminate a lot of the internal accessibility for upgrades and expansion demanded by...
I'm surprised nobody has responded to this. It's probably one of the most brilliant and thoughtful analyses of the topic of iPad vs. Fire. I have yet to hear a single tech writer approach it from this angle and I think you're dead-on. Amazon appears to be terribly misguided to think people buying cheap tablets will be willing to offset that loss with massive content purchases. Amazon is definitely taking a big risk with that.
Who else remembers those ChangeWave reports from last year stating that about 30% of existing Android users were planning to move to iPhone as their next phone? I remember that being kicked around on some tech sites and Android fans decrying it as questionable statistics gathering as the number of users planning to jump from iPhone to Android was around 5%. But it sure seems like we're watching that very scenario play out in front of us. I know plenty of Android users who...