or Connect

Posts by Mac_OS_X_Addict

When the Apple TV was announced in Sept I was excited that Apple was going to be releasing a device that would be able to stream video. On Tuesday, I was turned off of the Apple TV because of its lack of ability to stream DivX media and absence of a DVD player. I am now interested in getting a Mac mini (1.66 Ghz) to stream video, play DVDs and use as a PVR. What is the performance like for streaming video on the 802.11g interface on the Mac mini? Is is choppy for...
I think that Apple is going to announce something very big in the near future which will cause a huge demand in their stock. When you think about it, a major announcement would cause a demand for the stock and people will want it. If what Mac OS Rumors say is true about a 100% increase in clockspeed performance, people will want Apple stock as Apple will be at 2+Ghz. If this does happen, it could explain why Apple executives are selling their stock which would compensate...
Here is the link [Chilling]
[quote]Originally Posted By bradbower: My close friend (in real life) was part of that thing a while ago where Apple asked PC to Mac convert users for feedback, and he's gone through an array of interviews and question/discussion sessions. The latest included quite a few crazy questions about different things (which if I even told you, I doubt you would believe--besides, Apple is just testing the waters and I doubt the harmless questions will amount to what they were...
[quote]Originally Posted By sc_markt: There is a small add at Apple's OS X website in the upper left corner that says the following: "See a sneak peak at the next release of Max OS X, code named Jaguar" Unless the "at" should have be an "of," this says to me that its going to be released at WWDC.
Why does that mean that it will be released at WWDC?? If you read it from a developers point of view, you will see it and most likely have a copy of it under...
Thanks Airsluf!!! I have to say that 10.1.4 does make my system faster. Abit anyway. I have a B & W G3 running at 350 mHz and when I ran iTunes before, it used to take an extra bounce or two on top of the normal bounce amount. Now stuff launches as if iTunes is not running. Could it be the prebinding done at the end of the update?? Also, Sherlock is bloody fast now. I always cursed at it before, but now it is just as fast as the OS 9 version, possibly faster.
Just sort of off topic, but can someone tell me what the prebinding command is. Thanks [Chilling]
Apple just released 10.1.3. Do not know if it is "snappier," but I will report back when I finish d/l. [Chilling]
[quote]Originally Posted By Fatboy: ]Only thing is ACDC cant come close to the chill, sweet, rhymes of the Disco 3.
I don't know, I thought that the "Rock and Roll Ain't Noice Pollution" went well. I may be biased though because I love ACDC. [Chilling] [ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Mac_OS_X_Addict ]

Personally I think that an IBM Apple buy out would be a good thing. First of all, many of you are thinking that IBM would gobble up Apple and throw out just another PC maker. IBM could and probably would turn Apple into a subsidiary. Apple Computer, a IBM Company. Especially of late, IBM has been focusing on the server market. Enter the Compaq-HP merger. These two could be a threat to IBM in the server market and IBM may be looking to be beefing up its servers. Enter...