or Connect

Posts by scampercom

Should be “Microsoft-like joystick design.” Not interested. (And if the majority of non-MS game systems use symmetrical sticks, shouldn’t asymmetrical be described as “atypical”?)
As I said, my comment was a vote, just as yours is. I had to register it though, right? As for how people play games, your trouble is that you’re confusing your opinion for facts. I (thought I) avoided this whole line of criticism by explaining my opinion as opinion. Ah well, but this is the net — trolls gotta troll. (I won’t reply on the matter after this post.)
Asymmetrical sticks = no go, for me.   I’ve been told on more than one occasion that Microsoft fans (what are they doing on an Apple board?) tend to prefer asymmetrical sticks, just because that’s what they’re used to. Fine. But if just one hardware developer sees this comment as a vote against, I’ll have done my job. My thumbs are symmetrical — well, mostly — so give me symmetrical sticks. That is all.
My understanding is that Gmail is not truly IMAP. It%u2019s a proprietary system that has been somewhat compatible with IMAP, at Google%u2019s pleasure. Those last three words are the ones to pay attention to. But I don%u2019t have a dog in that fight, fortunately. Google-free, here.
Note the aligned joysticks here, from Apple's own guidelines: http://toucharcade.com/2013/06/10/wwdc-2013-more-details-emerge-on-official-ios-game-controllers/
Device makers: line up the joysticks — PS style — or no sale. Not a fan of Microsoft’s asymmetrical design preference — *especially* on an Apple device.
 For the reasons I outlined, no, I do not think that to be the case. Proof: the channels don't stop playing in the middle of a song. They play to the end of a song, and then stop as if the Radio channel has reached the end of its playlist. All other Apple and net-related services are in the green.So no, it's not me. I'm happy to keep listening to my own library while Apple work out the bugs.
 If you'd read my original post, it was about why *I* wouldn't use the controller. I never said it shouldn't be used by anyone. Therefore, my post was always from a subjective viewpoint. My reasons for commenting on a story are different from yours.
I'm not big on streaming music, but I gave iTunes Radio a try. I've tried several channels (both Apple-curated and indie), both on iTunes and on my AppleTV. iTunes Radio stops playing after 1-2 songs. The fact that it behaves the same across channels and across devices leads me to believe it's not a problem on my end. (Yes, my network is fine.) I'd be more inclined to use it if it worked.
That's subjective, obviously. But you knew that.