or Connect

Posts by mynamehere

I would like to sync photos from my DSLR directly to an FTP/SFTP folder via the iPad. Right now, I can do this by importing the photos from the camera connection kit using the Photos app, and then using an app called PhotoSync to sync the imported photos to the SFTP folder. I would like to cut out the import step and sync directly from the attached camera/card to the SFTP server.   Anyone know of an app that can do that? Seems a bit silly to need to transfer photos...
Anyone else notice there's no Apple logo sign in these renderings? Any precedent for that? This store looks somewhat similar to the UWS store in NYC, which also has a glass roof. of course, the NYC store has tall buildings all around, although that may not make too much of a difference. http://www.apple.com/retail/upperwestside/
$999. See here: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...september.html
I have a new MacBook Pro connected to an external monitor (Dell 2407) via a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter. When I restart the computer, the external monitor connects as it should, but when I wake the computer from sleep, only the built-in screen turns on. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the adapter (the built-in display flashes blue for a second as it would when changing configurations) and using the "detect displays" command, but nothing does the...
I'm not so sure. First of all, it's on the MacBook, Mac Mini, iMac etc., none of which are pro machines. Second, I think it's still an important feature, notably for video editing (which is what I would use it for). Admittedly, it's not a feature I need too often, since most of my video comes on a hard drive from our reporters, but it's still a dealbreaker.The shape shouldn't matter too much. I had a PIII IBM ThinkPad which had a long thin battery, and which was removable....
- Firewire (400) - Removable battery (although probably not going to happen) - option for larger hard drive. Jobs said these were the same hard drives they had in the iPod Classics. If the iPod Classis goes up to 160GB, why isn't that possible in the MBA? - Better price (~$200 lower) - Smaller footprint, even if that comes at the price of a little extra thickness. I think the footprint on this must actually be larger than the MacBook, since it has the same size screen, but...
So, I realize this may be a bit premature, but I figure with all the back-and-forth I've been seeing throughout the day, why not start thinking about the next version of the MacBook Air. What do you want to see? What do you think we will see? When do you think we'll see it?
Working in the morning. Pretending to work after 2pm (10am in CA).
You could also buy many, many iPods for the cost of 1 XServe. I'm trying to get funding for an XServe and XServe RAID with Final Cut Server for our campus TV station...
It's a horrendous piece of crap. Our campus TV channel has at least 3 of these used on a regular basis and they're in and our of the repair shop far too often.