or Connect

Posts by rkevwill

I just watched one of the Orbitz execs on CNBC. CNBC brought up the fact there was a huge backlash going on, and the exec said they were going to continue using their superior technology, to give users the best experience. Another example of companies not listening to their customers, until its too late. HELLO, ever heard of New Coke, or Netflix?
Has the Times checked out the workers at Amazon warehouses? They talk about Verizon and ATT store workers, and the fact they get commission, but of course those workers have many other phones to sell, and are given bonuses to sell particular devices. And what about the old school choice, "if you don't like your job, get a different job!" Its not like these folks would be leaving $100,000 jobs. Its freakin retail! Go get a different retail job!
Fortunately, I was able to find one of the previous Plug In N expresses, new on Amazon. I far preferred the plug in version, rather than this one with a wire. I use mine as an extender, and my old one was a "g"
You are SO right.
Just so I can keep Facebook turned off, deleted, sandboxed or whatever, so none of my info is EVER shared with them.
Time Capsule is a wifi router, as well as a storage device. He said he was connecting his apple TV via ethernet, to one of the ethernet ports on the Time Capsule, hence it is not via wifi. Should be a solid fast connection.
Because streaming is not profitable for them at present. Costs are too high still. The profitable portion of their business is their DVD delivery business, and they are hinting at getting away from that. Go figure. NO one can replicate their infrastructure to deliver high quality BluRay via mail or any other way, and they are abandoning it.
Doesn't matter though, if you only have one or two choices for internet, and its not up to FIOS quality. Not everyone has a stellar broadband connection. Whats worse is, mark my word. Your isp will soon start capping broadband usage, and give you a choice of different tiers, if you want to stream. All of a sudden, streaming videos will not be such a great deal. This is coming soon, watch it coming over the hill.
I think without a doubt, there is some credence to the greeter as security comment.
My father was in the Restaurant business for over 40 years. He only finished the 9th grade, cause thats the way it was done in the Ozarks in 1929. However, he had one very wise saying....."small restaurants full, make a LOT more money than big restaurants half full." He also was proud that he never ever laid any employees off :)