or Connect

Posts by rkevwill

But how many fart apps does one need on Android?
Some of these people behind these movements, clearly need something responsible and constructive in their life. My standard suggestion is.....get a job, make sure your parents are reimbursed for the years of sacrifice they went through to send you to school. Next, start concentrating locally, on things you CAN make a difference in. Volunteer at community centers, Tutor, deliver meals on wheels, etc etc. Can you tell I have a short fuse with these folks? IF you don't...
Two questions. One, what would these folks be doing, if they were not at Foxconn? Harvesting rice? Working at a less desirable electronics manufacturer? Two, I keep hearing some folks mention them being paid a reasonable living wage. Um.....has anyone heard what the average wage in China is currently? Do they know these folks make like 3 times that amount? Living and fair wages in China, are MUCH less than what they are in the US. Why do folks think these things...
I wonder how many Ferrari workers own one.
Being a long time (since 85 or so) mac user, past BB and current iphone user (and yes, old palm user), I never personally got the anti keyboard, and anti stylus movement. I far preferred, and still prefer, the physical keyboard on the blackberry, to the soft keyboard on the iPhone. I also FAR prefer the os and usability of the iPhone! I just wish I had the option of a physical keyboard. That said, whats wrong with a stylus? Its far more accurate than a finger, and is...
I feel Apple is probably mostly in the right here, but man, I sure hope Kodak gets all this sorted out. I hope they get some management and advice, to emerge from this chapter 11 in a strong fashion. I would hate to see another icon American company totally bite the dust. Frankly, in my heart, I would like to see Apple use some of that cash they have, and their management expertise, and do some joint ventures or something, to strengthen Kodak. Everyone else is leaving...
One thing people tend to forget (perhaps they weren't born yet), was Apple sued Microsoft for Windows, and lost. Of course, some state that apple stole the gui from Parc, when actually they licensed it, for a ton of Apple stock. (look it up) Thing is, they probably should have won that suit, and didn't. I hope they win all their Android suits, but $10 per Android phone would be a nice dividend for Apple stockholders. Time will tell. I doubt if they will settle.
Oh thank GOD, the newest MS word for Mac is somewhat familiar to us long time users. In the new MS word for windows, at work, I spend a LOT of wasted time looking for simple things. They have changed the desktop so much, you can't find anything!
I don't see many people commenting about online banking with Quicken, other than the lack of it in Essentials. Personally, one of the MAJOR assets of the traditional quicken, to me, is their Quicken Bill Pay. I have used it for years, and frankly, rely on it these days. I rarely pickup a checkbook any more, unless its for an in person transaction, like a contractor. I can pay from quicken itself, almost all my bills. No need to go to my bank site, or to the payee site, I...
If I were a bettin man (and I guess I am), I would say this is a stop gap. My guess is after this, they are going to bring all the features of 06 and 07 into essentials, re-name it, and do a charged upgrade. I believe that essentials was a complete re-write, in current code.