or Connect

Posts by rkevwill

Sorry, but there is NO way I will ever buy anything from MacMall again. Last Christmas they lied about items in stock, and received "backordered" on their receipt. It took me 3 calls to get the order cancelled, and finally had to call Amex to get the charge denied. Only after Amex denied the charge, did I get a credit email. They put me off for 3 weeks, and I had enough.   When you ask for customer service, they only let you talk to the salesman who took the order....
Anan, no one is saying they are restricting whoever wants to be included. Its obvious they are controlling quality, as well as protecting their royalties. Sounds pretty simple to me.
Don't we pay way too much for TV services anyway? Now if Apple gave us technology for ala carte, that would be cool. However, just give me a box I can use with my other TV's.
Obviously, the ITC will have to look into this, especially re: the pads.
Re: wall street manipulation, perhaps so. No one forces you to invest in stocks, but then again, CD rates are terrible at present.
Earnings reporting in January, will be their all time highest. Last quarter had maybe 3 days of iPhone 5 sales in them, and no iPad mini's. Its going to be interesting to see what happens to the stock going into that earnings release, and after. Whats even more interesting, is none of the talking heads on TV actually bring this up!
Remember the day, when there was nearly no way, to view files from a pc, or view mac files on a pc? The old PowerPC days, and the 68030 days. I'm not looking forward to that happening again.
I like the Mapsgate comment. I have responded in other forums, who complained about how bad it was, and how Steve would have handled that. Well, now we know how Tim handled it. I liked Forstall's presentation skills, and he obviously did a HUGE amount for Apple, but we have all read stories how he had a big head, and was a pain in the ass to work with. The Maps?.........well, the buck stops (software wise) with Scott, and he screwed up big time IMHO.   I met him...
All I can think of, is how hot its gonna get in there at noon, with that glass roof.
Yup, a mistake to not have had it done before hand. I actually cancelled my order, since it wasn't coming till end of Oct anyway, as I want to desktop docks.